Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Hassan's Wirasat Tutorial: Can The Mom Get More Than The Dad?

Tagged: 

• Hassan's Wirasat Tutorial: Can The Mom Get More Than The Dad?

Posted by Saqib Raza on October 5, 2020 at 6:49 pm

So as per Ustaad’s understanding, how does the inheritance work for a woman who is inherited by her husband, and parents? My understanding is that the husband gets 1/2 because there are no kids. The mother gets 1/3 because there are no kids. And father inherits the remaining 1/6. If, yes, then this case does appear somewhat anomalous in that the father gets less than the mother.

Umer replied 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Hassan's Wirasat Tutorial: Can The Mom Get More Than The Dad?

Umer updated 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 6, 2020 at 1:57 am

Acoording to Ghamidi sahib the parents will get their share from the remaining after giving away the share of husband.

• Saqib Raza

Member October 6, 2020 at 9:16 am

True. My question is about the relative shares of the parents. Does the mother get 1/3 of the total? Or does the mother get 1/3 after the husband’s share is taken out i.e. 1/6.

• Umer

Moderator October 6, 2020 at 10:43 am

after giving Husband’s share (half of total inheritance), the remaining will be distributed between mother (1/3rd of remaining) and father (2/3rd of the remaining inheritance).

• Saqib Raza

Member October 6, 2020 at 5:47 pm

Umer, so in this case it is different from Situation 1 distribution in the third part of Hassan’s playlist. In that case we have, a husband, a mother and two daughters. The distribution according to Hassan/JAG is:

husband: 1/4 of total

mother: 1/6 of total

2 daughters: 2/3 of remaining i.e. 2/3 * 7/12

So in the case, where there are no kids and the mother is supposed to get 1/3, are you saying we deviate from the situation 1 case, and compute the mother’s share after taking out the husband’s?

• Umer

Moderator October 6, 2020 at 6:01 pm

In the presence of children, they are the ultimate or end beneficiary and get final distribution out of the remaining (Parent’s share would be 1/6th each in this case from the total).

In the absence of children but presence of siblings, siblings take place of children and get final distribution out of the remaining (Parent’s share would be 1/6th each in this case as well from the total).

But in the absence of both children and siblings, Parents become the ultimate or end beneficiary and hence they will get final distribution out of the remaining (which will be 1/3rd for Mother and 2/3rd for the Father).

• Saqib Raza

Member October 6, 2020 at 6:37 pm

Okay that makes sense. JAK.

• Saqib Raza

Member October 6, 2020 at 9:17 pm

One final question, just to clarify if I got the criteria right: if a person dies leaving behind a father and a brother, the father will get 1/6 and the brother will get 5/6. Is that correct?

• Umer

Moderator October 7, 2020 at 8:46 am

Correct!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register