Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam What Names Were Taught To Adam (AS)?

Tagged: , ,

• What Names Were Taught To Adam (AS)?

Umer updated 3 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator October 10, 2020 at 4:05 pm

For answer, please refer to the video below from 31:20 till end

https://youtu.be/X98ljNjw2_4?t=1880

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 10, 2020 at 5:41 pm

What is the proof that these were the names?

It could be that it was the names of animals as the general narrative is and this was the thing said to the angels that you don’t even know the names if animals- you should know that God’s decision is for a reason

• Umer

Moderator October 10, 2020 at 5:59 pm

There is no proof, but if you look at the point raised by Angels (i.e. fasad that will be caused by Humans) then this response by God seems the most appropriate interpretation of “The Names”.

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator October 10, 2020 at 7:33 pm

Thanks @UmerQureshi

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator October 10, 2020 at 7:50 pm

If Adam (AS) introduced Saliheen, Shuhuda and other categories to angels this also means that the Kuffar, Mushriqeen etc. were also predetermined and known to God.

Where is the free will? What is the purpose of Dunya in that case? What type of test is it, if all behaviors are fixed and set already day 1?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 10, 2020 at 10:47 pm

I think Ghamidi sahab says in a nutshell that knowledge has no active power. I know that there will be a lesson tomorrow. But that doesn’t mean that I am controlling the teacher to do that lesson. Just because something is in God’s knowledge doesn’t mean it is being controlled by him

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 11, 2020 at 8:36 am

I think the key in understanding the concept of predestination (and consequently free will) as opposed to pre-knowledge, lies in the understanding of the concept of time.

Time is a creation, just like the space, and together they make up this material universe around us. It is time that gives us the perception of past, present, and the future. If we consider this universe without the dimension of time then there remains no concept of a continuum of past through present flowing into the future – rather everything just is.

From what we know and believe about God, He is eternal – timeless. For Him things don’t flow from one event to another – rather He is just fully aware of everything. However, His knowledge that encompasses everything doesn’t interfere with what He knows. Our free will remains intact within the bounds of time, while from His perspective, everything just is.

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator October 11, 2020 at 9:07 am

If God already knew day 1, who were Saliheen, Shuhuda, Sidiqeen, Kuffar, Mushriq – Which means He is aware of who all will end up in heaven and hell with 100% precision day 1.

Why would God wait for millions (or more) of years to eventually (day of judgement) decide the destiny, which he knew day 1 for every individual? What is the value-add to him? From God’s perspective it makes no sense to wait until DoJ.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 11, 2020 at 9:42 am

God is not waiting millions of years. As I stated above, it’s our perception of time that makes us feel that way. During this perceived time we’re allowed to prove our worth for attaining the promised eternal life of comfort and joy.

I understand that this is a difficult concept to grasp. The following video might help with the understanding of the concept of time.

https://youtu.be/MAScJvxCy2Y

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 11, 2020 at 12:04 pm

I believe there is an ayah in the Quran about this but i dont remember the exact quotation. Its like that this test has been created so that WE have evidence against us and so WE don’t say that God is being unjust and just made up that it was in his knowledge that you were unjust

• Umer

Moderator October 11, 2020 at 5:07 pm

Please also see this response from 24:50 to 28:05

https://youtu.be/cEJNBiqdabU?t=1490

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register