Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Homosexuality And Zina

• Homosexuality And Zina

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on July 5, 2020 at 9:31 pm

Ghamidi sahab says that homsexuality and zina are prohibited on a few bases:

1. You cannot start a family this way (homosexuality). And without marriage a stable foudnation for a family is not made (Zina)

2. The method of intercourse is impure

3. A helpless child is born from zina

In accordance to number 1 what about adoption. And what about people who don’t ever get married or those marreid people who don’t have children.

Pertaining to point 2, what if the couple refrain from this method and vow not to use it, the same way a heterosexual couple would.

To point 3, what if then two men or two women even participate in a sexual interaction- no child will be born. What if the man and the woman take precautionary methods which I don’t have to state here.

If I misrepresented Ghamidi sb in any points please make me aware to this.

Farhan Saiyed replied 3 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Homosexuality And Zina

Farhan Saiyed updated 3 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator July 6, 2020 at 8:21 pm

I think the basic point of Ghamidi sb. is what you’ve mentioned in point 2. Religion revolves around Tazkiya of all kinds. & better luck on your second hypothesis, it is too hypothetical to comment on.

• Umer

Moderator July 6, 2020 at 8:22 pm

These are some responses by Dr. Shehzad Saleem. See if they address any of that.

Discussion 1601?no_frame=1

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 22, 2020 at 2:17 am

Is homosexuality a choice or natural ? Homosexuality is found in animals also, so I don’t think it is a choice, but I may be wrong as I am not fully aware of its scientific details.

However, even if it is a choice, is it permitted in Islam to kill homosexuals ? I understand this act is not helpful to start a family, but what two consenting adults do in their private lives shouldn’t be anyone else’s business . I don’t see how does it cause any problem for other society members like me who are heterosexual.

If it is a sin, let God take care of the punishment in the afterlife . I don’t think human punishment for it is justified.

• Farhan Saiyed

Moderator August 4, 2020 at 8:05 pm

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register