Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Neutering A Cat Permissible In Islam?

Tagged: , ,

• Is Neutering A Cat Permissible In Islam?

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 15 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 17, 2020 at 7:00 pm

?

• Umer

Moderator October 17, 2020 at 7:06 pm

If a question doesn’t get answered in some time, it means four things:

1) It is on our list to be asked directly to Ghamidi SahabClap

2) It is too basic to be answered Thumbsdown

3) It is beyond our competence to be answered by usSob

4) A scholar will answer it considering his easeHeart Eyes

Which category do you think this one belongs to ?Wink

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 17, 2020 at 7:06 pm

Hopefully number 4 but I’m scared it’s number 2

• Umer

Moderator October 17, 2020 at 7:09 pm

Its on the list Clap

but at the same time, I refrain from giving opinions which I think are more beneficial if come from a scholar directly or from Ghamidi Sahab himself.

• Umer

Moderator October 19, 2020 at 4:33 pm

In recent Q&A Session with Ghamidi Sahab on Questions selected from ASK GHAMIDI Platform:

For answer to your question, please refer to the video below from 1:14:11 to 1:15:27

https://youtu.be/46IywEVt9eQ?t=4451

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 19, 2020 at 4:47 pm

Does this apply to the original question because we don’t keep cats for their meat rather the only reason for neutering would be not to have kittens because it’s hard to keep them.

• Umer

Moderator October 19, 2020 at 5:16 pm

Faisal Sahab (@faisalharoon ) it would be really helpful if you could share that audio message.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 22, 2020 at 7:51 pm

Response by Hassan Ilyas sahab:

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 22, 2020 at 7:57 pm

So the question is- when these animals have been given to us as a means of use for food snd clothing etc- is keeping them as pets a thing that is allowed because they are made for us to use it does it come under zulm as we are taking them out of their natural habitat?

And then on top of this- taking away this desire and body part of theirs not for an increase in quality of meat or milk, but simply to make it easier to keep them as a pet- is this zulm?

• Lubna Syed

Member January 13, 2021 at 4:15 pm

Most of the people , we see around keep dogs and cats indoor all their lives, as prisoners, where they take away their right of being socialize and have families, just for their pleasure and deal their loneliness, which results in most the time their pet’s ended with many mental and health issues but they don’t care, people sell small kittens and puppies for money,and don’t realize that how they hurting mothers by separating their kids from them, not for food but for greed. Hurting animals are not allowed at all in islam . The reality of life is one is food for another, that doesn’t allow us to change nature, after messing up with nature for long, man realizes then, oh I was wrong…I have done mistake. So I think let it be the Allah’s way which is best way.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 13, 2021 at 4:18 pm

Cats are not attached to their kittens and sometimes even kill them. After around 8 weeks they are weaned and ready to roam free. Dogs may be different but cats are lone animals for the most part. If they didn’t want to stay with us they could easily run away

• Lubna Syed

Member January 13, 2021 at 4:31 pm

I’m sorry to say this is not correct, we can then apply same logic to humans. Mothers always protect and fight for their kids, we see them how they are protective, and I have seen how sadden they get after separation, they go under depression. And also I have seen many dogs and cats families living happily safe life where people don’t keep separate them, So your claim with due respect doesn’t justify it, if Allah their creator and owner has blessed them with something, then who are we to deprive them from that blessing. This is my opinion, and you may have your opinion.

Regards

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 13, 2021 at 4:31 pm

You can search it on google- I’m not making stuff up

• Suleman Dawood Ahmad

Member November 26, 2021 at 8:24 pm

AoA,

Building on the discussion here. Can we ask the question of neutering to Ghamidi shb regarding the pets specifically such as Cats, Dogs etc.?

Thanks.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 26, 2021 at 11:27 pm

Ghamidi sahab’s response is already shared above.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register