Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Kaaba As An Idol

• Kaaba As An Idol

Posted by Agha Mahmood on October 14, 2020 at 3:39 am

What’s the difference if a Muslim bow towards Kaaba and a Hindu bow to his idol?

Most Hindus believe in one God and idols are just to give them concentration while praying.

Muslim also say that Kaaba is house of God but we know God does not live there.

So why there is distinguish made to idols where as Kaaba is serving the same purpose for Muslims

Umer replied 3 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Kaaba As An Idol

Umer updated 3 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 13 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 14, 2020 at 7:42 am
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 14, 2020 at 8:54 am

In addition to the video I don’t think many Hindus believe in one God. The word Hindu itself is a misnomer and just the name the British gave to all religions in the valley

• Agha Mahmood

Member October 14, 2020 at 5:32 pm

Thanks for your reply Ahmad.

As per the video if there is reality behind an idol then it is ok to have an idol. So can we make an idol and say that it is symbol of God and we can bow and pray to that idol as a symbol of God?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 14, 2020 at 5:33 pm

WE can’t make an idol. GOD has made the Kaaba a symbol of his tawheed. Our religion is complete and we can’t add any bidah to it or lie against God by ascribing symbols he has not chosen for himself

• Agha Mahmood

Member October 14, 2020 at 9:07 pm

Ahmed, “GOD has made the Kaaba a symbol of his tawheed” is what Muslims believe. What about the rest of 75% of the world how do not believe this. I still can’t make the distinguish between Kaaba and someone praying to idol thinking that idol is just a symbol and make them concentrate more.

Btw I know British gave the word Hindu and Hindus use to call their religion Sanatana Dharma (the Eternal Way). Also contrary to popular understanding, Hindus recognize one God, Brahman, the eternal origin who is the cause and foundation of all existence

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 14, 2020 at 9:08 pm

Because the Kaaba is not a physical representation of God. Just a symbol. These people are claiming a form and idea of God that he has not given us

• Agha Mahmood

Member October 15, 2020 at 3:48 am

I am not sure what you mean by ‘ form and idea God that he has not given us’. Firstly you have to be think from third persons perspective (not as a Muslim or Hindu). In the study of Hinduism there is one God and rest are demigods. Idols are no more just the symbols. So if Kaaba is also symbol then why make distinction to idols?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 15, 2020 at 8:23 am

The distinction is that a) the symbols in Islam have been determined by God Himself, in other religions they’re creations of humans; and b) a lot of people in other religions worship the symbols and believe those symbols to have divine powers, while in Islam that’s not the case.

• Agha Mahmood

Member October 15, 2020 at 8:08 pm

Faisal, replying to your points as below:

a) You are saying these symbols are determined by God. Other religions are saying the same that they are determined by God. ( please you have to think from other person’s perspective NOT just as a Muslim)

b) That’s just not true that they worship these symbols and think have divine powers. For most of them it just help in concentration.

As as student of comparative religion in Sydney I have not come across any Hindu who don’t think Brahman as one supreme God.

I don’t want to keep harping on this subject. Thanks for your help and reply

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 15, 2020 at 8:33 pm

I agree that most Hindus in reality believe in monotheism, and I have other responses on Ask Ghamidi in that regard. In fact, chances are that originally they were the nation of Nuh AS, but of course it’s pre-history so nothing can be said with certainty. Also there are many innovations that have entered their religion, so a lot of Hindus do actually assign divine powers to the symbols that they worship.

I have never met a Hindu that claims that the symbols they worship are determined by Brahma. You might want to double check.

When you comparatively study religions, it might help if you determine what evidence Quran presents about God, the day of judgement, and the institution of prophethood, and compare it with what evidence other religions provide for their beliefs. This is not about thinking from my perspective versus the other person’s perspective. This is in fact about figuring out truth on the basis of evidence, consciously accepting that truth, and rejecting man-made beliefs whether they are by Muslims or people of other faiths.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 15, 2020 at 11:00 am

In additional to what Mr Faisal said – these symbols they have made are a lie unto God- them believing that God looks like this eg has an elephant’s head or whatever

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 16, 2020 at 7:47 am

And the point is they are false symbols. We don’t believe God is a black cube. They believe Ganesh is a God with an elephant head. (It is hard to say ‘Hinduism’ because some Hindus may disagree with Ganesh being a God etc)

• Umer

Moderator October 16, 2020 at 12:57 pm

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 19:33 to 23:45

The discussion "Kaaba As An Idol" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now