Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam School Curriculum Of Evolution

Tagged: ,

• School Curriculum Of Evolution

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on October 20, 2020 at 9:23 am

Do any of these pages clash with Islamic principles? The common ancestor theory is taken as a given here- is that true? If i have to write proofs or take it as a fact when writing in my exams will I be sinful?

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • School Curriculum Of Evolution

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 10 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 20, 2020 at 9:24 am
  • Umer

Moderator October 21, 2020 at 4:48 pm

I don’t see any problem with that.

• Umer

Moderator October 22, 2020 at 4:45 pm

What I meant was that there is no sin in you presenting it as being taught in School for Exams.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 22, 2020 at 4:46 pm

But wouldn’t I be perhaps going against God and his clear teachings for a worldly gain?

• Umer

Moderator October 22, 2020 at 4:56 pm

I think you’re over-thinking this matter. You have understood the message of God and this is what God wants. Those Quranic verses are not verse on faith, they are verses of God’s signs and they are prone to our interpretation and understanding as well. You will not be doing anything against your basic faith.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 22, 2020 at 4:58 pm

I do think I’m splitting hairs here too. Just to confirm- me saying common ancestry is a fact when the Quran seemingly clashes with it is fine?

• Umer

Moderator October 22, 2020 at 5:07 pm

Common ancestry is there, but Quran has a different notion of this common ancestry.

Its fine, there is no bar on you to study a different point of view and if during that study you have to take exams in accordance with that point of view, then it is just an exam to portray whether you’ve understood their point of view correctly or not, it is by no means a confession of your religious faith.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 22, 2020 at 5:07 pm

👍

Thanks so much!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register