Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Using Free Will To Go Against Fitrah

Tagged: ,

• Using Free Will To Go Against Fitrah

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 20, 2020 at 7:46 pm

Fitrah of a humam is what defines the human according to how he is built to function. Part of the fitrah is an a-priori knowledge of the good and the evil. When one intends to do any evil, an inner voice of conscience warns him against it. Using his free will, a human may ignore his conscience and still commit the evil. If he continues to do this consistently, his voice of conscience keeps getting weaker – sometimes to a point where it stops working altogether.

What you’re referring to as silencing the fitrah is in fact silencing your voice of conscience. When your conscience doesn’t function as it’s supposed to, you’re prone to committing more evil and eventually pay the price for it sometimes in this world as well, but definitely in the hereafter.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 21, 2020 at 2:47 am

Why should I listen to my conscience- it is the thing that gives me knowledge of good and bad but these are just arbitrary for an atheist. Why would someone who hand got the word of God follow his conscience and not just his raw desires? And whenever there’s a clash he follows his desires

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register