A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Reciting The Quran With Musical Instruments

Tagged: , ,

• Reciting The Quran With Musical Instruments

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 22, 2020 at 3:49 pm

What would be the intention/utility to do something like that?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 22, 2020 at 3:51 pm

Same as it would with the zabur- to make it sound even more beautiful perhaps. Maybe it wouldn’t be a good idea in this day and age where the Quran has already been reduced to just listening to it without understanding. But just as a haraam/halal perspective is there any guidance?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 22, 2020 at 4:06 pm

Neither is reciting of the Quran haram nor are the musical instruments, so in principle there’s nothing haram in reciting the Quran along with musical instruments.

However, the real purpose of the Quran is not to sound beautiful or to provide us with entertainment – it is in fact to provide us with guidance. Right in the beginning of the Quran we find this ayah:

Quran 2:2

THIS DIVINE WRIT – let there be no doubt about it is [meant to be] a guidance for all the God-conscious.

Whenever we recite the Quran, we should consciously keep this purpose in mind. In my opinion, musical instruments only distract us from this purpose, so I would neither want to recite it along with musical instruments myself, nor listen to any such recitation. In fact if I see someone doing it, I would remind them of the purpose of the Quran in the best possible way.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register