Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 11:49

Tagged: , ,

• Quran 11:49

Posted by Sheharbano Ali on October 23, 2020 at 1:41 pm

یہ غیب کی خبریں ہیں جو، (اے پیغمبر)، ہم تمھاری طرف وحی کر رہے ہیں۔ اِس سے پہلے نہ تم اِن کو جانتے تھے، نہ تمھاری قوم کے لوگ اِن سے واقف تھے۔ اِ

In Surah Hud, after Allah narrates the story of Nuh (as)’s nation, then he says this (the ayah 49 mentioned above). And right after in ayah 50 he starts narrating the stories of Ad, Thamud etc.

According to Ghamidi sb, the addressees of these surah were fully aware of these stories. But this verse tells otherwise. Need clarification

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Quran 11:49

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 23, 2020 at 2:18 pm

I think the first reference is to nuh عليه السلام – that was unknown to Arabs perhaps and then a contrast was made with aad and thamud

• Sheharbano Ali

Member October 23, 2020 at 3:34 pm

Yes this is also very likely!

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 23, 2020 at 3:35 pm

When i say unknown I’m being comparative as aad and Thamud were in that same region and the quraysh were passing though their dwellings

• Umer

Moderator October 23, 2020 at 2:43 pm

The kind of details mentioned in Nuh (AS) case or in case of many other nations and their prophets, are the ones we usually get from akhbar-i-ahaad or in the form of perpetuity of knowledge as traditional parables in a nation. And we have no means to conclusively verify those details.

But this attention to details as manifested in words of God is truly an ilm-e-ghaib, because we humans can know about Nuh’s (AS) flood through other means, but these detailed conversations happening between Nuh (AS) and His nation and with His son and with God himself, is truly a great blessing and a piece shared from ilm-e-ghaib by Allah.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member October 23, 2020 at 3:34 pm

Oh so it basically highlights the importance of those details that only the Creator Himself could have informed. Got it!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register