Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Do Miracles Have To Be Supernatural?

Tagged: ,

• Do Miracles Have To Be Supernatural?

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on October 24, 2020 at 6:57 am

Is it a given that miracles are not in the sphere of being able to be explained by science? Like the Red Sea parting some people have made a model showing that winds could have done this. This doesn’t have to detract from God causing these winds to move through a natural process.

Umer replied 3 years, 3 months ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Do Miracles Have To Be Supernatural?

Umer updated 3 years, 3 months ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 24, 2020 at 10:11 am

It is not necessary for miracles at a given time to always remain unexplained by the science.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 24, 2020 at 8:26 pm

Don’t scientific explanations take away from the veracity and perhaps validity of the miracle? EG it was just a natural event and people made a story around it. Also is it a given that done miracles have to be supernatural? A snake turning into a stick seems impossible but it may not be fit later generations

• Karim

Member November 7, 2020 at 12:02 pm

I find your question fascinating because if you showed current technology to people from the past they will find it a miracle. But miracle I think is a sign , sign of a all powerful GOD , who has control over everything and the powers of that age are helpless against the GOD , and all their idols are defeated . And from this question springs the question of Quran being a miracle for all people to come ? , and hence a sign of GOD and contains signs of GOD . And I think miracle of Quran is more wonderful and broad then all miracles before it because it is present amoung us all the times , it is a sign and it contains signs , and it overpowers the falsehood as those miracles did , all at the same time . We are blessed to have the Quran amoung us.

• Ishtiaq AHMED

Member November 8, 2020 at 12:23 am

Miracles are sent with the prophets to catch the attention of the audience rest of the job is done by prophets themselves

• Karim

Member November 8, 2020 at 1:54 am

Yes , but they are a sign , just like the magicians of the firaoun recognized the sign and came to believe in one GOD

• Karim

Member November 8, 2020 at 1:57 am

The point is our relationship with Quran is not just a book with commands of GOD , but a sign of GOD , and then the miracles of Quran can be seen , when we think this way.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 15, 2020 at 10:24 am

Response by Hassan Ilyas sahab:

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 25, 2020 at 1:36 am

I guess though that miracles MUST be supernatural because otherwise it would be just as what the people of the past said that it’s magic

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 25, 2020 at 1:41 am

Also- what about the miracle snot related to itmam e hujjat though- like Jonah and the whale and ashab e kahf? Must they also be supernatural Scheidung to the above statement?

Maybe not

• Umer

Moderator December 25, 2020 at 5:39 pm

I think think those events were originally meant to be shown as miracles to disbelievers, could be their secondary use but not the primary point.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register