Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Surah Maryam/Pul Siraat Quran 19:71-72

Tagged: , ,

• Surah Maryam/Pul Siraat Quran 19:71-72

Posted by Sheharbano Ali on October 24, 2020 at 12:07 pm

What is the reality of Pul Siraat? These verses (71-72) of Surah Maryam are used along with a few Saheeh Ahadeeth to justify a bridge on top Hell that all of the human beings would have to cross, regardless of whether they are believers or disbelievers.

Please shed some light on this subject.

Umer replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Surah Maryam/Pul Siraat Quran 19:71-72

Umer updated 1 year ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator October 24, 2020 at 7:09 pm

If you read the verses in their context considering their respective flow [1], then one can only derive pul-e-siraat from those verses when one consults those verses with an already built-up notion of pul-e-siraat as is famous in traditional religious thought, just the way it is with second coming of Jesus (sws).

[1]

وَيَقُوْلُ الْإِنْسَانُ أَئِذَا مَا مِتُّ لَسَوْفَ أُخْرَجُ حَيًّا. أَوَلَا يَذْكُرُ الْإِنْسَانُ أَنَّا خَلَقْنَاهُ مِنْ قَبْلُ وَلَمْ يَكُ شَيْئًا. فَوَرَبِّكَ لَنَحْشُرَنَّهُمْ وَالشَّيَاطِيْنَ ثُمَّ لَنُحْضِرَنَّهُمْ حَوْلَ جَهَنَّمَ جِثِيًّا. ثُمَّ لَنَنزِعَنَّ مِنْ كُلِّ شِيْعَةٍ أَيُّهُمْ أَشَدُّ عَلَى الرَّحْمَنِ عِتِيًّا. ثُمَّ لَنَحْنُ أَعْلَمُ بِالَّذِيْنَ هُمْ أَوْلَى بِهَا صِلِيًّا. وَإِن مِّنْكُمْ إِلَّا وَارِدُهَا كَانَ عَلَى رَبِّكَ حَتْمًا مَّقْضِيًّا.

ثُمَّ نُنَجِّی الَّذِيْنَ اتَّقَوا وَّنَذَرُ الظَّالِمِيْنَ فِيْهَا جِثِيًّا.

Man says: “Will I be taken out and given life again after I die?” Does man not remember that We have created him before when he was nothing. So, by your Lord! We will surely gather them and their devils also. Then We will bring them forth around Hell such that they will be sitting on their knees [like criminals]. Then from each group We shall sort people by separating those who were the most rebellious against the merciful God. Then it is We Who would be the most aware of those most worthy of entering Hell. [O you who are being arrogant before the merciful God,] each of one you will surely enter it. This is a matter decided [O Prophet] to fulfill which is the responsibility of your Lord. Then We will save those who feared God, and those who were unjust to their souls, We will leave them sitting in it on their knees. (19:66-72)

https://youtu.be/B-5fOTaYqHk

• Sheharbano Ali

Member October 27, 2020 at 7:14 am

Yes and so the interpretation that this world is a Pul e Sirat (which Ghamidi also affirms to) is based on those Saheeh Ahadeeth which talk about a bridge and everybody having to cross it?

• Umer

Moderator October 27, 2020 at 6:26 pm

Yes! because its originally based on a dream (roiya) of the Prophet (sws) and in dreams things are shown as a symbolic representation (tamseel) of some factual reality.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member October 28, 2020 at 5:32 am

Ghamidi sb* sorry I just noticed that when i re-read.

• Umer

Moderator April 16, 2023 at 5:10 am

MOHAMMAD MOINUDDIN HYDER Sahab ( @Muaz ), had you asked an objective question instead, it would have been answered in an academic way. We respect your emotions, but this is not a platform to express your emotions and to spam the topics without asking relavant question. I have to delete you irrelevant comments and in future, instead of expressing your emotions, if you focus more on asking relevant questions, then at least you’d know academic basis of Ghamidi Sahab’s point of view. At the end, it is your choice to lean towards whichever viewpoint you deem strong.

The discussion "Surah Maryam/Pul Siraat Quran 19:71-72" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now