Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family If Children Are A Test? Why Have Them

• If Children Are A Test? Why Have Them

Posted by Aqeel Qasim on October 24, 2020 at 2:56 pm

On one side it is said that “aulaad is an aazmaish” Is there any authentic reference that we need to have children, like if I think that producing more children will put a strain on me to earn more or work harder or the probability to earn by unfair means or may be less time to focus on my religion , is it ok as per Islam if I have only one child .. kindly need some guidance on the subject , JazakAllah

Umer replied 3 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • If Children Are A Test? Why Have Them

Umer updated 3 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 10 Replies
  • Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor October 24, 2020 at 3:28 pm

Test of children, women, property, wealth are mentioned in the Quran. There is no limit set on the numbers except for women.

• Umer

Moderator October 24, 2020 at 4:31 pm

Human beings are not an animalistic herd subject to basic instincts only, we have been blessed with a faculty to both reason, contemplate and then reach an informed decision. Therefore, whether it be family planning or any other decision for that matter, a human being must used his intellect otherwise it can become a reason for his accountability on the day of judgement.

But the premise on which you based your point requires some clarification. The calling of women, children and wealth as a test is another way to express God’s over all scheme in this world. The whole scheme of tests and trials as initiated by God is based on some attractions on one side which our wishes, whims, emotions, ego etc. want us to achieve and on the other hand, human beings have been blessed with a nature to choose between right and wrong as well as with revelation on how to maintain balance in their life by engaging in all the worldly matters eventually leading to the Tazkiya required by God for our success in the hereafter. It is the actual requirement to engage in this world and become a part of this test and not try to run away from it. That is the very reason absolute asceticism is discouraged in Islam because it nullifies the whole scheme of tests and trials of God. The same is the case with children, we have this innate love for having our own pedigree but it is obligatory to achieve it only through marriage. There is no need for Islam to give injunctions on how many children one should have or whether or not one wants to have any children, it has been ingrained within us to want this and experience tells us that human beings have been fulfilling this need since time immemorial.

Please also watch the following videos for further insight both addressing your premise and the conclusion you reached based on that very premise.

• Aqeel Qasim

Member October 25, 2020 at 11:48 am

Umer Thanks a lot for the help brother , May Allah bless you , I do stand very well educated on the topic with the specific sorted material you provided

• Umer

Moderator October 24, 2020 at 4:31 pm

Please refer to the video below from 44:17 to 50:08

• Umer

Moderator October 24, 2020 at 4:32 pm

Please refer to the video below from 12:27 to 15:26

Alternative Link: ilm-o-Hikmat 16-12-2018

• Umer

Moderator October 24, 2020 at 4:32 pm

Please refer to the video below from 40:30 to 42:31

• Saba Madani

Member October 24, 2020 at 11:05 pm

Our whole life is a test, not just aulaad

• Aqeel Qasim

Member October 25, 2020 at 12:23 am

Same is what I am asking , out of all prolonged tests , Can’t we reduce or minimise one major test for our ease ?

• Saba Madani

Member October 25, 2020 at 12:29 am

The people who don’t have children get tested in different ways. Not having children doesn’t mean they have less tests

• Umer

Moderator November 15, 2020 at 3:35 pm

Please also refer to the following video from 1:52:23 to 1:56:14

https://youtu.be/H6VN-tW-wGk?t=6743

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register