Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State How Should The Muslims Respond To Incidents Of Blasphemy?

• How Should The Muslims Respond To Incidents Of Blasphemy?

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • Rafia Khawaja

Member October 28, 2020 at 9:03 am

What a brilliant reply Ghamidi Sahib has given to the blasphemy incident in France

• Uzair Khalil

Member October 28, 2020 at 8:01 pm

How about peaceful protests? Why is Ghamidi SB against peaceful protests? Having peaceful protests and demanding for legislation that makes the act of insulting prophet Muhammad (pbuh) a punishable offence doesn’t seem to me as if we are begging others to respect our prophet, like he mentions. Also what’s his opinion on other measures like boycotting French imports etc. All these non violent measures seem to be reasonable and effective to me.

If we can use force (if we have force) against such countries as he mentioned, then why can’t we force them not to insult Islam by taking actions like boycotting, protesting etc. How come its begging? I don’t get it. Please elaborate.

• Umer

Moderator November 2, 2020 at 10:44 pm

In recent Q&A Session with Ghamidi Sahab on Questions selected from ASK GHAMIDI Platform:

For answer to your question, please refer to the video below from 1:07:47 to 1:10:56

https://youtu.be/92Lsl4x4KgQ?t=4067

• Faizan

Member October 28, 2020 at 8:29 pm

Why Blasphemy should be a punishable offense? The biggest blasphemy is associating partners with God and the Almighty has rejected those claims. Please refer to these verses of Surah Maryam

“They say, “The Most Compassionate has offspring. You have certainly made an outrageous claim, by which the heavens are about to burst, the earth to split apart, and the mountains to crumble to pieces in protest of attributing children to the Most Compassionate. It does not befit the majesty of the Most Compassionate to have children.”

Did God define any punishment for such outrageous and filthy claim, no right?

So, if there is no punishment for *insulting God* then why there should be a punishment for those who ridicule his messenger (PBUH).

Per my understanding there is NO punishment for blasphemy in Islamic Shariah.

Muslims should only entertain that criticism which’s raised in a civilized manner about Islam or Prophet Muhammad (PBUH); we always have an option to ignore a bad comment/cartoon.

We need to focus more on becoming better moral and rational beings than protesting over an action of an individual.

Allah knows best.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 4, 2020 at 3:25 am

The discussion "How Should The Muslims Respond To Incidents Of Blasphemy?" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now