Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions ‘Before Abraham Was…’

Tagged: ,

• ‘Before Abraham Was…’

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on November 1, 2020 at 1:29 pm

John 8:58, NIV: “Very truly I tell you,’ Jesus answered, ‘before Abraham was born, I am!'”

Did isa عليه السلام say this? Could it have been misconstrued as him talking about God? If so, then why did the Jews want to stone him in the next verse:

59 So (V)they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

Sheharbano Ali replied 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ‘Before Abraham Was…’

Sheharbano Ali updated 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Sheharbano Ali

Member November 2, 2020 at 12:50 am

The accusation of blasphemy does not imply that the crime was actually committed. Meaning that the other party meant exactly what the other side took it to be.

The Jews were finding reasons to get to Jesus (as) and as soon as they knew they got something that they could use against him, they did.

This is also the same as “They said: ‘O Messenger of Allah (ﷺ)! When was the Prophethood established for you?’ He said: ‘While Adam was between (being) soul and body.’ ‘ Jamj Tirmidhi

English reference : Vol. 1, Book 46, Hadith 3609

Arabic reference : Book 49, Hadith 3968

• Sheharbano Ali

Member November 2, 2020 at 12:55 pm

I meant that this Hadith is based on the same theme. The basic idea is the same -Existence in God’s pre knowledge

• Sheharbano Ali

Member November 2, 2020 at 12:53 am

Btw, listen to Ahmed Deedat and Bart Ehrman. Bart Ehrman has done a great job deconstructing and separating the Historical Jesus from the Jesus portrayed in the scriptures. His lectures would be worth your time!

• Sheharbano Ali

Member November 2, 2020 at 1:20 am

Also check this guy Sean Finnegan from this channel. He explains pretty well https://www.youtube.com/user/21stOneGod

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register