Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam What Was The Ultimate Azaab For The People Of Ibrahim, Yusuf, & Eesa (as)

• What Was The Ultimate Azaab For The People Of Ibrahim, Yusuf, & Eesa (as)

Shahid Nazir updated 3 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 1, 2020 at 8:02 pm

Prophet Abraham’s (AS) nation was meted out with divine punishment but details of that azab have not been shared in Quran:

لَمْ يَأْتِهِمْ نَبَأُ الَّذِيْنَ مِنْ قَبْلِهِمْ قَوْمِ نُوْحٍ وَّعَادٍ وَّثَمُودَ وَقَوْمِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وِأَصْحَابِ مَدْيَنَ وَالْمُؤْتَفِكَاتِ أَتَتْهُمْ رُسُلُهُم بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ فَمَا كَانَ اللّهُ لِيَظْلِمَهُمْ وَلَـكِن كَانُوْا أَنْفُسَهُمْ يَظْلِمُوْنَ.

Has not the news of those before them reached them – the people of Noah, the ‘Ad, the Thamud, the nation of Abraham, the residents of Madyan and the inhabitants of settlements that were overturned. Their messengers brought before them veritable signs. So, it was not that God was unjust to them; they, in fact, remained unjust to themselves. (9:70)

Since Jesus (AS) became last hujjat for Bani-Israel and Bani-Israel being chosen for rank of Shahdah, therefore, the following punishment was imposed on them:

إِنِّي مُتَوَفِّيكَ وَرَافِعُكَ إِلَيَّ وَمُطَهِّرُكَ مِنَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ وَجَاعِلُ الَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوكَ فَوْقَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ إِلَى يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ ثُمَّ إِلَيَّ مَرْجِعُكُمْ فَأَحْكُمُ بَيْنَكُمْ فِيمَا كُنتُمْ فِيهِ تَخْتَلِفُونَ (55:3)

O Jesus! I have decided to give death to you and raise you to Myself and cleanse you from these people who have denied [you]. I shall make those who follow you superior to those who reject faith till the Day of Judgement. Then to Me you shall all return and I shall give My verdict in what you have been differing.” (3:55)

I don’t think there was any need for Punishment on nation of Prophet Yousaf (AS), since the whole nation ultimately accepted Him as their Prophet and their King.

• Shahid Nazir

Member November 10, 2020 at 6:18 am

Tanx, now it is clear to me

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register