Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Reciting Surah Rahman For Healing

• Reciting Surah Rahman For Healing

Posted by Naila Umran on November 2, 2020 at 6:26 pm

Asalamo alaikum, I have heard from many people about listening Surah Rahman for healing. And they specially force to listen only qari Abdul basit one.My first question is why only qari Abdul basit?

After start listening I have noticed that, he’s reading somewhere not same. He changed “ha” sound in “ja”. Like” rabi hima janataan” but he sounds ” rabi jima janataan. And other places with ha sounds he is using jeem sound. Please help me to understand why he’s reading that way. I tried to find out through peoples comment under this surah on you tube. But could find anyone who said something about it. I will b thankful for your help to increase my knowledge.

Saba Madani replied 3 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Reciting Surah Rahman For Healing

Saba Madani updated 3 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor November 2, 2020 at 8:32 pm

Perhaps you could send the recording

• Umer

Moderator November 2, 2020 at 8:33 pm

For first part of your question, please refer to the video below from 33:46 to 37:05

Regarding second part, I personally haven’t noticed this but most of the times, such differences mainly have to do with differences in Arabic dialect and their pronunciation and have noting to do with changing of the meaning or content of Quran.

• Saba Madani

Member November 2, 2020 at 9:18 pm

Yes, he doesn’t change anything. It might sound like that sometimes. They probably insist on his recitation because he recites beautifully. Why only surah Rahman though? The whole Qur’an is a shifa’

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register