Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Conversion To Islam

Tagged: 

• Conversion To Islam

Posted by Noman Waris on November 5, 2020 at 3:12 am

If a person wants to change his religion to Islam due to his socio-economical issues in country. For example a hindu cannot get a reasonable job in Pakistan because of his faith. How should we guide him in this situation? Should we tell him to change his motive for conversion or can we let him do that for the same motive?

I hope my question is clear enough.

Noman Waris replied 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Conversion To Islam

Noman Waris updated 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 5, 2020 at 9:09 am

If the person asks for your advice then you can empathetically ask him to also look into Islam, offer him a copy of the Quran, and if he decides, point him to any religious scholars that you trust. However, if he’s not looking for an advice then your responsibility remains as it would be in the absence of this situation.

• Noman Waris

Member November 5, 2020 at 9:18 am

Actually the said person is my friend. I have suggested him to study quran and recommended different scholars. But my question is that he is considering to accept Islam only due to “career problem”. I want to know that “is this a correct motive?”

Accepting the truth literally and accepting it for personal gains are two different things.

I am not judging him but that is what he told me.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 5, 2020 at 9:49 am

That’s perfectly fine. Regardless of this situation, I think that as a friend your job is to help yourself as well as him be better people together and be seekers of truth. Someone else’s motivation is not something that can be changed just by asking them to do so.

I have been out of Pakistan for a long time so I might not be able to fully relate to his situation, but I remember that a lot of Christians and Hindus back in the day would just change their names to Muslim sounding names in order to avail better opportunities. However, this would also have the side effect of them being more welcomed into the society, and learning a lot more about Islam first hand than they otherwise would have. Sometimes the best approach for us is to let things just take their natural course, rather than trying to fix things that are not necessarily broken.

• Noman Waris

Member November 5, 2020 at 9:54 am

Thanks brother.

May Allah give him hidayat (Aameen). And then the first cause would not matter as the outcome will be great.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register