Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Effort Vs Fate – Taqdeer And Tadbeer – Quran 53:39

• Effort Vs Fate – Taqdeer And Tadbeer – Quran 53:39

Posted by Ahsan on November 9, 2020 at 12:42 pm

Aslamalikum
    In Surah Najam, Quran says Human gets what he work for.
    However, I have personally observed that many times my efforts were in vain and I reached to certain destination without much effort. Eg. I applied to many jobs in Pakistan with full zeal. On the other hand, i just applied for 1 post in Turkey. I got selected despite a bad interview.
    My question is about Effort vs Fate.
    Does Quran o Sunnah guide about effort vs fate.
    In other words, how to realize its time to change the course of struggle?

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Effort Vs Fate – Taqdeer And Tadbeer – Quran 53:39

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 9, 2020 at 1:59 pm

What’s stated in the Quran 53:39 is in reference to after life.

The following videos might help:

• Faisal Haroon

• Faisal Haroon

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 9, 2020 at 2:00 pm
  • Ahsan

Moderator November 9, 2020 at 2:24 pm

Thank you very much. Although, it doesnot specifically answer my query. I get the point.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 9, 2020 at 2:40 pm

The example you used about your life experiences is unrelated to to the Quran reference you quoted from 53:39.

The key thing to understand is that this world is created on the principle of test. Things don’t always pan out here on the basis of merit or how much effort one puts in something.

With this complexity in mind, there’s no objective formula to determine when to change the course. We should make our best effort, evaluate the results, and decide whether we could improve upon our effort or move to a different objective. Since the main subject matter of religion is the life in the hereafter, it does not categorically address our life on earth. Here, we learn from our experiences and tweak our lives based on our learnings.

Hopefully the videos I shared above will help understand the concept of fate in a greater detail.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register