Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Why Is God Jealous About People Worshipping Others?

Tagged: 

• Why Is God Jealous About People Worshipping Others?

Posted by Zahid Kamal on November 10, 2020 at 6:38 pm

We firmly believe that Allah is ‘SAMAD.’ He is ‘ONE’ and ‘ONLY,’ and he is like no other. Al hum du il Allah, my concept of TUWHEED is quite clear. I have one question for you, and it is sort of bothering me these days.

Allah is Powerful, and there is no one that comes close to Allah. We also know that human being tries to attach themselves with worldly figures, in a human form or natural objects. And when we see this is happening, it is considered the major and biggest sin in ISLAM. This was also the main theme of Bill Maher’s 2008 movie called ‘Religulous’.

Doesn’t it create a human feeling of jealousy? Why would Allah care about people doing this act of worship to others?

Zahid Kamal replied 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Why Is God Jealous About People Worshipping Others?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 10, 2020 at 7:22 pm

Worship to others is not about jealousy, but in fact about giving a lie to God.

Please see the following for details:

Discussion 27393 • Reply 27778

• Zahid Kamal

Member November 10, 2020 at 9:26 pm

Thanks for your reply, Brother Faisal. I am not sure I am following the difference between jealousy and ‘giving a lie.’ I will try to review this video to see it’s relevance. It would be good if this question is posed to ustad Ghamidi sahib directly. Thanks

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register