Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Was Adam عليه السلام A Prophet?

Tagged: , ,

• Was Adam عليه السلام A Prophet?

Sheharbano Ali updated 3 years, 5 months ago 5 Members · 20 Replies
  • Fatima

Member November 15, 2020 at 4:28 am

is baat ko janne se aap ki muraad kya hai, quraan me hai ki har qum ko khabardar karne ke liye nabi bheje gaye, aadam a.s ka or unke beton ka waqia bhi bayaan hua hai, khuda hame un baaton ki taleem dedeta hai jo zaroori hai.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor November 15, 2020 at 6:24 am

Because Ghamidi sahab says humanity was started with prophethood

• Fatima

Member November 15, 2020 at 7:17 am

brother shoaib phir to baat clear hai kyunki aise kae prophets hai jinka tazkira quraan me nahi hai,ghamidi sahab ki tahqeeq ham sab se kahen zyaada hai,ham sab unse seekhne or aapas me discussion ke liye hi connect hua hai

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor November 15, 2020 at 8:24 am

Yes i agree. I’m simply asking for the research 🙂

• Muhammad Zaman

Member November 15, 2020 at 7:36 am

Chiristians Adam Alaihi Salam ko Prophet nahi maante jabke Muslim maante hai muje ye aik Chiristian se pata chla

• Umer

Moderator November 15, 2020 at 12:53 pm

إِنَّ اللّهَ اصْطَفَى آدَمَ وَنُوحًا وَآلَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَآلَ عِمْرَانَ عَلَى الْعَالَمِينَ ذُرِّيَّةً بَعْضُهَا مِن بَعْضٍ وَاللّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ (33-3:34

[These People of the Book want to argue with you.] No doubt, God whilst giving preference to Adam and Noah, Abraham’s family Imran’s family over all the nations chose them to guide these nations. They are the progeny of one another and [whatever they have been saying and doing, God is aware of it because] God hears all and knows all. (3:33-34)

(Translated from Ghamidi’s al-Bayan by Shehzad Saleem)

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor November 27, 2020 at 7:46 pm

What if one argues that the raising of Adam عليه السلام in status was just because humanity as we know it started from him rather than him being a prophet

• Umer

Moderator November 29, 2020 at 5:44 pm

Just because someone argues doesn’t mean its a valid argument. This Quran verse cannot get more clearer than that. All the other things that happened exclusively with Adam (AS) as mentioned in so many other places in Quran, if someone still doesn’t want to admit His prophethood then its their choice.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor November 29, 2020 at 5:50 pm

I agree that the conversations make it seem like that. But then Musa عليه السلام ‘s mother also had wahi and so did Luqman عليه السلام . If there’s no clear verse saying that he was a prophet (like there are for others), or there’s no clear verse indicating an itmam e hujjat sequence then why do we assume it’s prophethood?

Unless the argument that Adam عليه السلام ‘s mentioning in the verse you sent above can only be interpreted as him being a prophet.

Why can’t it be interpreted that it is simply being chosen over the rest of the world?

So Adam عليه السلام family would be given preference since they were given the nafkh e ruh,

Nuh عليه السلام because the world was restarted with him,

Ibrahim عليه السلام because the prophethood of Israel was started with him,

Imran عليه السلام because his grandson was the end of Israelite prophets.

Also- was Imran عليه السلام even a prophet?

• Umer

Moderator November 29, 2020 at 5:57 pm

It really is a big leap comparing something revealed in the heart of Musa(AS’s) mother with the whole Adam, Iblees incident. It is very clear from Quran that humanity started on the right path because the first human being was given the whole message. Adam (AS) and Nuh (AS) represent first phase of Prophethood with Nuh (AS) being an ataf on Adam (AS) and Aal-e-Ibrahim and Aaal-e-Imran represent the second phase of Prophethood with Imran being an ataf on Ibrahim (AS).

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor November 29, 2020 at 5:58 pm

Ok that makes sense. Just to make sure I understood correctly this means Imran عليه السلام was also a prophet right? Nabi or rasool?

• Umer

Moderator November 29, 2020 at 6:12 pm

No he wasn’t a Prophet. His name was mentioned specifically because from verse 35, the whole incident of Birth of Maryam (AS) was starting.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor November 29, 2020 at 7:24 pm

So you. Any use this ayah to say Adam عليه السلام was a prophet.

What nation did he do itmam e hujjat to if he was a prophet like that of nuh عليه السلام?

Why not just say that humanity started with the truth in clarity after conversation with God instead of claiming that Adam عليه السلام was a prophet?

So the ayah would simply mean what I wrote in my last message if this is correct

• Sheharbano Ali

Member December 2, 2020 at 9:48 am

My question also posed earlier, which fits here as well; Can’t we say that Iblis was the first among Jinn as Adam (as) was first among human beings? Of course he was created before than Adam (as).

Then the whole Adam telling the names to Angels, that whole incident took place in the presence of Adam, Iblis and the Angels. That is how the Prophethood of Adam is established too, and the Itmam e Hujjat on Iblis (which is why then there was no chance for his forgiveness), just like Itmam e Hujjat was done by the later prophets on their nations.

• Umer

Moderator December 2, 2020 at 4:22 pm

@AhmadShoaib Try to collect all the verses on Adam (sws) and read them again. The whole scheme of humanity was revealed not just in His heart but rather shown to him right in front of his eyes along with right and wrong and all other necessary guidance for success in the hereafter. After reading all this, if one still reaches this conclusion that Adam (AS) was not a Nabi then its their choice. Secondly, why was Adam (sws) needed to do itmam-e-hujjah on anyone? when we know that humanity started as being his direct biological descendants and He being a Nabi (who received direct revelation from God without any intermediary or barrier) was present among them.

@sheharbano Since nothing has been said conclusively in this regard, its hard to say whether Iblees was the first Jinn or not. But there seems to be a subtle hint that he was not (which I am more inclined to believe). Again, nothing can be said conclusively in this regard. As far as itmam-e-hujjah on iblees is concerned, He committed istakbaar in front of God (without any barriers/intermediary), which I do not think holds any resemblance to itmam-e-hujjah done by Prophets, and we might never see the likes of it again. And that is why He leads all other Munkirs of truth and earned highest of the condemnation and repudiation by God.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 2, 2020 at 5:26 pm

Then why don’t we say luqman عليه السلام was a prophet- is the at because his name wasn’t mentioned along with others?

• Umer

Moderator December 2, 2020 at 5:38 pm

There is no Qareena for their prophethood, whether it be Imran or Luqman (AS) present in the Quran. For Imran (AS), the very next verse 35, makes it very clear what was his role and importance in this whole scheme along with Zakariya (AS). But I can understand one leaning towards their prophethood, but denying prophethood of Adam (AS) altogether is incomprehensible.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 2, 2020 at 5:53 pm

I’m just having a bit of a problem with the specific term prophet I guess. Because Adam عليه السلام did not go to any nation and perform itmam e hujjat on them, then do bara’a, then a punishment came.

He simply was communicated to by God with deep revelation and guidance. Unless we are using the term prophet in more loose terms here.

• Umer

Moderator December 2, 2020 at 5:59 pm

He was a Nabi not a Rasul.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member December 3, 2020 at 9:20 am

“But there seems to be a subtle hint that he was not (which I am more inclined to believe).”

Could you please share the resources Umer Bhai? It would be easier for me to weigh both the opinions and then side with one.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register