Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Where Is Kalma Tawheed In The Quran?

Tagged: ,

• Where Is Kalma Tawheed In The Quran?

Posted by Sadiq Syed on November 13, 2020 at 8:53 pm

Salaam Ghamidi Saheb and others. May Allah SWT keep u all healthy and happy. Its my humble opinion that Mr. Ghamidi is at the top among the contemporary Islamic scholars. We r fortunate indeed to live in this era where people can connect with from from every corner of the world Alhamdolillah.

My question is this. Where I can find the Kalima Tauheed in the Quran exactly the same way we pronounce. If it is not there then why we say it. Isn’t a clear violation of 2:285 and 3:84??

I know its a sensitive issue but we must let the Quran speak. Let’s hear it from the Quran about this extremely important issue. Thank u so much. JazakAllah.

Wasslam Alsyed

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 6 months ago 7 Members · 24 Replies
  • 24 Replies
  • Where Is Kalma Tawheed In The Quran?

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 6 months ago 7 Members · 24 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 13, 2020 at 9:51 pm

Kalima tawheed is just a declaration of oneness of God and the prophethood of Muhammad SAW. The kalima is not in the Quran as a single verse, however, the same words appear in different verses and the concept is completely in line with the Quran. There’s also no contradiction with the two ayahs that you referenced above. The declaration made in the kalima tawheed can be made in any words or any language. The key thing is the declaration of oneness of God and the prophethood of Muhammad SAW, not the exact words.

• Ahsan

Moderator November 14, 2020 at 1:57 am

I am wondering, since finality of Prophethood is a condition for being muslim. why none of Kalimas do not include these declaration?
      Does all kalimas are to remind us of our belief like iman e mujjamal or mufassal, or is their any other significance too?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 14, 2020 at 11:10 am

We believe in finality of prophet Muhammad SAW because Quran says so, and the Quran was given to us by God through prophet Muhammad SAW. Declaring the prophethood of Muhammad SAW is only the first step.

• Sadiq Syed

Member November 14, 2020 at 9:44 am

Salaam Faisal. Thx for ur response. I’m baffled with ur comments though. U said its a Kalima Tauheed but in reality it contains two personalities and its a contradiction. What was the Kalima of Prophet Ibrahim Musa Isa and their followers?. After all Allah SWT called Ibraheem Khaleel Ullah. Musa Kalim Ullah and Isa Ruh Ullah. It is not fitting that the Kalima be changed each time a new prophet comes.

Infact According to Quran 63:1 hyporites say Muhammad ur Rasool Allah. We r NOT SUPPOSED to single out one messenger. Numerous times Allah SWT says we HAVE to belive in ALL MESSENGERS.

And waht was the message from all the messengers and Prophets. Worship God alone 21:25; 16:36; 2:133; 3;52; 39:45

I believe it is injustice and against Quran and Prophet Muhammad’s teaching to single him out and add his name with Allah SWT. I do not find any justification for it. I would love to see Giambi Saheb opinion on this issue based purely on the Quran? JazakAllah

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 14, 2020 at 11:00 am

Tawheed is for God alone, that is what we declare in the kalima, and that’s why it’s known as the Kalima Tawheed. The name Kalima Tawheed itself has no significance – one can call it Kalima Tawheed o Risalat if he wishes so.

You are confusing the belief in other prophets as per the Quran, with declaration of prophethood of Muhammad SAW. We believe in all other prophets because Quran asks us to do so, and the Quran was given to us by God through prophet Muhammad SAW. Without belief that prophet Muhammad was a prophet of God, there’s absolutely no significance of the Quran and the sunnah.

Please see if the following video helps:

https://ghamidi.tv/videos/muslim-2024

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 14, 2020 at 11:05 am

Please also see the section on belief in prophethood in the following:

Discussion 22480

• Sadiq Syed

Member November 14, 2020 at 12:55 pm

Salaam and thanks for ur reply. Please let me know what was the Kalima for other Prophets when they present Islam to their communities. What Kalima they had to pronounce to accept Islam? Thank u. JazakAllah for ur time and efforts.

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator November 14, 2020 at 2:22 pm

Lets assume this was the Kalima for Jews.

There is no God but Allah and Moses (AS) is Prophet and Messenger of God.

• Sadiq Syed

Member November 16, 2020 at 9:16 pm

Salaam and thank u Sohail. All messengers and prophets brough Islam and brought the same core message. Worship God alone. There is no doubt about that. It was not fitting that they include their names beside Allah SWT. It makes little sense that each time a new messenger comes he had to cancel the previous Kalima and then include his name. There r some instances when more than one Messengers present at the same time like Lout and Ibrahim AS.

Their names should not matter when it comes to accepting Islam. Of course the community had to accept them as Messengers and Prophets but it does not mean they had to associate their names EACH TIME they pronounce Kalima. Same like us. We have to believe in ALL Messengers but we don’t include their names in our declaration of faith. I think we r doing something gross injustice to pick one Messenger and include him into our kalima and prayers. Its a clear violations of various ayats. To me it appears that we r somewhat fell in this category. Verse 39:45

May Allah SWT help us to understand Prophet Muhammad AS pure and simple message and grant Ghamdi saheb and all of u good health and rewards for learning and spreading Quran message. Amin.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 16, 2020 at 9:56 pm

I think that you might be looking at it from the perspective that reciting the kalima is an absolute condition of being able to enter the paradise, and I can understand the confusion.

As I have stated before, it’s a just declaration and neither does the name of the kalima nor do the words really matter. However, until one believes that prophet Muhammad SAW was a prophet of God, there’s no way to establish that the Quran is the word of God. Also reciting the kalima has nothing to do with comparing prophet Muhammad SAW to other prophets and messengers of God.

At the time of prophet SAW people used to physically go to him and make a pledge of allegiance, as can be established by the Quran (60:12), and supported by numerous ahadith (for example, see https://sunnah.com/bukhari/34/108). After the demise of prophet SAW, we simply recite the kalima.

• Afia Khan

Member November 17, 2020 at 9:12 am

Ustadh Ghamdi sahab explained it in some discussions about Shia’s addition to the Kalima. The 6 kalimas we are familiar with are duas which were not present at the time of our beloved prophet MPBH. There was only the declaration of entering in the Islam which is

أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا ٱللَّٰهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا رَسُولُ ٱللَّٰهِ

And

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Is called kalima tayyab, not tauheed. And it was not present at his time.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor November 17, 2020 at 9:12 am

Are we sure that this kalmah of لا اله الا الله محمد الرسول الله comes with tawatur (the محمد الرسول الله part)? I have heard that it used to just be لا اله الا الله, then to separate from Jews and Christians, the last part was added on.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor November 17, 2020 at 9:17 am

Even in the Quran all the rusul say to worship God. Believing in other prophets is definitely a requirement if belief but to single out one prophet and making it into the creedal saying seems a bit extreme.

• Sadiq Syed

Member November 17, 2020 at 9:47 am

Salaam Faisal Afia and Shoaib,

Thank U all for ur msg much appreciated. I agree with most of what u said particularly 100% agree with Shoals. Its an invention and added much later after prophet Muhammad demise. Many ancient coins show only La illaha Islam Allah. Even on Baitul Maqdas old walls have only La illaha illal Allah.

i reiterate, no matter how we try to justify, picking up one Prophet out of all others and adding his name into the Kalima is clearly a violation of many Ayat as presented in my posts. Our prayers speeches khutbas and daily routine do not complete without adding Prophet Muhammad AS name or saying salawat to him . We say we believe a prophets but our treatment and actions do not reflect that. If we HAVE to send Salaam to Allah SWT messengers than we should say what God has mentioned in the Quran. 37:180_182

Unfortunately andsadly We often make our religion so complicated and try to justify our centuries old tradition with little or no support from the Quran.

May Allah SWT guide us all to follow His clear and simple deen and help us to understand your deen better. Amin.

• Fatima

Member November 18, 2020 at 1:31 am

la elahaillallah muhammadur rasool allah,khuda ke saath rasool ko milana nai hoa for ex-agar ham kehte hai ki ek company ke manager hamid sahab or employee zaid sahab hai to kya ye dono ko yeksan darja dena hoa or last prophet ka hi naam kyu connect hai isliye ke us dur me pechle prophets ko manne wale the or vo saare prophets specific qum ke liye bheje gaye the or last prophet qayamat tak ke liye,azaan ke kalimaat me bhi ye santance hai nabi ne khud sekhaye agar ye zara bhi ghalat ya bartari ya deffrenciation hota to hargiz hame iske taleem na dijati,jazakallah.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor November 18, 2020 at 2:19 am

That would be if it came with tawatur in the first place.

The adhan is an interesting example though.

I think the wisdom behind mentioning just one prophet would need to be explained

• Fatima

Member November 18, 2020 at 3:25 am

ye mera view tha,ummeed hai ke ghamidi sahab ki baat zyaada samajh aye,hame bhi or aap ko bhi but abtak jo aap ne sir se jana hai shayad kaam hi samajh aaya hai varna is sawaal ki gunjaish na hoti.sawaal bhi soch samajh ke kiye jate hai,kyuki sawaal pe sawaal to end hai hi nahi uske jawab per ghaur bhi karna chaheye,allah ham sab ko sahi raasty per chalaye.

• Sadiq Syed

Member November 18, 2020 at 9:15 pm

Salaam fatima and Shoieb and all those who r in this thread. May Allah SWT bless u all. Fatima, asking questions is better than following traditions blindly without much support from the Quran. . Just because majority following something does not make it right. For Mentioning the Prophet name in Adnan, what makes u think it was not invented and added later on. Allah SWT ASK prophet Ibrahim to call for prayers. All believers were asked to pray Namaz. Do u really think hat they were mentioning Prophet Muhmmad’s name in their Kalima Namaz Azan or anywhere else.

Ur arguments about not questioning Janab Ghamdi Saheb responses. I must say that first of all Ghamdi Saheb did not responded yet. Even if he did, I must not follow anyone blindly. I regard him very highly and respect him dearly. However this does not take away my right to disagree with him. Like he did to his teacher muhateram Islahi saheb.

Questioning make u grow in knowledge and wisdom. U can’t people shut just because they challenge centuries old traditions. I ha e provided many ayat to support my understanding. We r here to make the Quran a Judge and we must return to the Quran. I would love to hear ur arguments based on the Quran.

Islamic practices have come from Prophet Ibrahim AS but obviously this Kalima can’t be from him. Prophet Muhammad AS did NOT EXIST in his time. The Kalima has always been as La Illaha Illal Allah without associating any personality along side Him. Its a shirk.

• Sadiq Syed

Member November 18, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Salaam Fatima. U gave example of mentioning an employee along side with the CEO would matter if u mention the employee name each and every time u mention the CEO. Nobody would appreciate or accept that.

How About this. How would u feel if people mentioning ur parents or siblings or spouse name each time they call u. Would u accept that. If people say this is Fatima and her parents names r ….

This is Fatima and her spouse name is……I certify that this is Fatima and her siings names are……so on and so forth. And how about if this is the case ach and every time.

Do u think Allah SWT WOULD ACCEPT THAT?????

plz think about it. Thank u.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor November 19, 2020 at 2:16 am

Personally I think Mr Haroon’s message makes it clear. When a specific prophet of God I’d in the world people would give bayah to him in person. We simply recite kalimah. But this should have no bearing on the belief of all prophets.

Remember- prophets are ambassadors of God- we have to obey them as obeying them IS obeying God.

• Fatima

Member November 19, 2020 at 2:20 am
  • Fatima

Member November 19, 2020 at 2:23 am
  • Sadiq Syed

Member November 19, 2020 at 10:15 pm

Salaam.Fatima and Shoaib,

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately so far noone has come forward to bring daleel.based on the Quran. I thought people on this forum would behave differently but unfortunately and sadly my experience is different. Please do not counter me with conjecture and centuries old traditions but from the Quran or tawatur from the past prophets. Definitely our namaz Kalima and other religious rituals were not the same as practiced by all the past prophets as Prophet Muhammad and his family did not exist. Day in and day out we r somewhat involved in shirk and some of our Islamic rituals r against the basic quranic and the Prophet’s teaching without perceiving as such. I’m afraid to be classified with those people addressed in 39:45.

I’m sorry to leave this topic without getting any solid quranic counter narrative from anyone. Nonetheless I truly thank u all to put ur time and efforts to shed some light on this very fundamental topic. Indeed its hard to leave traditions over Quran.

ALLAH Humma Rabbi Zidni Ilma. JazakAllah

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 19, 2020 at 11:11 pm

It has been very clearly explained to you the reasoning behind the kalima. Ayah of the Quran as well as hadeeth have also been shared with you as evidence that the practice of testifying is not an innovation. Furthermore, the words of the kalima are from the Quran itself, even if they appear in different verses. Also the fact that the validity of the very Quran from which you are so persistently asking for an evidence from, hinges upon the declaration of Muhammad SAW as the prophet of God. If you choose to look at things completely upside down, it’s your choice. But please don’t accuse others of making conjectures or behaving inconsistently.

The discussion "Where Is Kalma Tawheed In The Quran?" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now