Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Hadith That Jibrael(AS) Was Ordered To Punish Nation Starting From A Pious Man

• Hadith That Jibrael(AS) Was Ordered To Punish Nation Starting From A Pious Man

Posted by Muhammad Ahmed on November 15, 2020 at 2:05 am

We normally hear a hadees quoted that Allah gave order to hazrat gabriel as to punish a society. He said that there is a person who is always worshipping u in them. So Allah said start from him as he did nothing when his people were indulging in bad.

Whats the authenticity of this hadees and also if its saheeh that do comment on the content.

Ahsan replied 1 year, 7 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Hadith That Jibrael(AS) Was Ordered To Punish Nation Starting From A Pious Man

Ahsan updated 1 year, 7 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator December 17, 2020 at 3:56 pm

Response by Hassan ilyas Sahab:

• Fahad Raza

Member September 14, 2022 at 9:23 pm

Aik aur sawal paida hota hai hadith k content ko dekhay…

Kia Syedina Jibrail ko Allah ky kisi hukm ky baray me sawal kerne ka ikhtiyar hai? Kisi farishte ki kia majal ky Allah k hukm k baray me kisi kism ka sawal ya wazahat hi talab kar le. Ager hai tu Quran se sabit kerna ho ga, usoul ya itlaq me!!! Tu kia Syedina Jibrail Allah ko inform ker rahay hain aik abid bande k baray me?

• Ahsan

Moderator September 14, 2022 at 11:52 pm

Quran tell us Angel has capability of questioning God decision. Read story of Adam and Iblees again. They question creation of Hazrat Adam.

• Fahad Raza

Member September 15, 2022 at 4:41 am

In the story of Adam’s creation, God didn’t order the angels to obey a command rather was explaining his scheme.

Dono batoon me zameen aasman ka farq hai.

Faristay ba sahour makhlouq hain aur Allah se kisi baat ko samajne k liye darkhwast ker sekte hain jo unho ne ki hai.

Magar kia kisi hukm ko pora kerne se pehle apne koi rai paish kerne ki jasarat ker sekte hain?

Please revisit the story and you will see how the angels accepted their limited knowledge whereas in the hadith Jibrail seemed to be informing the All knowing God about the pious man.

• Ahsan

Moderator September 15, 2022 at 5:26 am

Read my comment again. I wrote they have ability to question God decision which shows they are intellectual being. Despite their doubt they follow the command. If they didnt have ability to question then they was no point of commanding them.

• Fahad Raza

Member September 15, 2022 at 6:12 am

I think the word “ikhtiar” caused some confusion in the first reply. I never meant/said Angels are not thinking being.

However, being a thinking creation doesn’t mean Angels start questioning direct orders from God. Yes, they can but, have they! Do you see the point?

The discussion is not around whether Angels are thinking being or not but, whether have they used their intellect to question a direct order from GOD.

Please give an example from the Quran where Angels have questioned God’s order, not just a plain question to better understand something but an order.

Hope I’ve done a better job explaining myself this time 🙂

• Ahsan

Moderator September 15, 2022 at 8:13 am

In that case, From Quran we infer that they obey the command

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register