Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 41:30 Application To Today

• Quran 41:30 Application To Today

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on November 17, 2020 at 5:25 pm

Fussilat – 41:30

Arabic

إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ قَالُواْ رَبُّنَا ٱللَّهُ ثُمَّ ٱسۡتَقَٰمُواْ تَتَنَزَّلُ عَلَيۡهِمُ ٱلۡمَلَٰٓئِكَةُ أَلَّا تَخَافُواْ وَلَا تَحۡزَنُواْ وَأَبۡشِرُواْ بِٱلۡجَنَّةِ ٱلَّتِى كُنتُمۡ تُوعَدُونَ

Verse 29 talks about those who reject the signs of God so it must be referring to the people who do it knowingly, and when the Quran was being revealed this would refer to the Arabs of the time.

My question is- do beautiful verses like this apply to us? Or are these specific gifts and causes of rejoice reserved for the believers when a prophet of God comes (as the punishment for disbelievers eg in the grave is reserved for when itmam e hujjat is completed)

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Quran 41:30 Application To Today

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • Asfar Nawaz

Member December 5, 2020 at 11:22 am

Imo this verse applies to believers of all ages including today. Allah’s help will come to those who Opening believe in Allah and then remain steadfast as troubles head their way due to their belief. This ayah statee a general principle of Allah(Sunnat of Allah swt).

Also read An-Naml 62.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 5, 2020 at 11:58 am

I think 27:62 since it refers to the khalifa on earth is clearly for the sahabah.

I mean- the same way those who deny prophets have a horrific time in their grave- those who accept are given glad tidings. Would we be given glad tidings or just out to sleep?

• Asfar Nawaz

Member December 5, 2020 at 6:55 pm

Again, the scope of 27:62 is not limited to sahaba. The term khalifa is not used in the meanings of a Caliph of Muslims. Here it means that Allah makes them successors in the Earth, those who supplicate to Him when in distress. He made sahaba successors in the Earth, but this principle applies to you and me. This specifically has nothing to do with how itmam e hujjat is accomplished. Quran. Quran is generally addressing one of the few parties around prophet (saw) but warnings or glad tidings are not just for those parties, but for us too.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 5, 2020 at 6:56 pm

To my knowledge the word would mean inheritors. And it would refer specifically to the dominance of the sahabah after the punishment to the disbelievers

• Asfar Nawaz

Member December 5, 2020 at 7:04 pm
    • Asfar Nawaz

Member December 5, 2020 at 7:11 pm

Note the term “Sunnat e Illahi”, meaning Sunnat of Allah. These ayahs state principles of Allah (swt) which are applicable for all times to come.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 5, 2020 at 8:49 pm

This is what I’m saying as well. It’s specific to those sunnat when they occur. But the reply below satisfies me

• Umer

Moderator December 5, 2020 at 6:10 pm

The premise needs some clarification here. Itmam-e-hujjah as being happening on human beings has never stopped and will keep happening till the day of Judgement. The only difference that happens with Rasul is that their verdict of itmam-e-hujjah is given in this world. Now, we do not have any source of knowing on whom it happened and on whom it hasn’t. Nevertheless, it’s still happening out of so many factors that are at play in this world, its the punishment of itmam-e-hujjah that comes with Rasul which has been deferred till the day of judgement. Itmam-e-hujjah is at play, just like law of guidance and error is at play.

Please also refer to the video below from 55:43 to 59:35

https://youtu.be/_ZguFw2CDAU?t=3343

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register