Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Getting Married With A Girl Willing To Convert To Islam

• Getting Married With A Girl Willing To Convert To Islam

Posted by Mehmood Malik on November 21, 2020 at 12:59 pm

Aslamulakum Ghamdi sb, I live in Denmark. I know a girl who is Christian but she is willing to convert to Islam if I propose her and get married. She has 3 years old son. She is also willing to raise her son as a Muslim together with me. My question is, how would you see this marriage? For me, if she coverts because of me, its great. But I don’t know if she will really accept it by her heart and follow Islam or its mainly because I am asking her otherwise I will get married a Muslim girl from Pakistan. I am also not that religious but because of her, I have started to know more my deen.

Umer replied 3 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Getting Married With A Girl Willing To Convert To Islam

Umer updated 3 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator November 21, 2020 at 2:33 pm

Its a very tricky question. But I hope scholars in this group will answer your question.

I just wanted to say, it seems you are thinking with emotions. Think if you really want to marry because she will convert or its ur own desires or getting citizenship or evading marriage in Pakistan..
    We generally percieve thing as we want to believe. Its called confirmation bias.
    She might be saying thing you want to hear to get support. Most probably she got her kid from her past. Can you tolerate the past few years later?
    She want to convert for you as you mentioned. She is not looking for the truth. What if she do not convert? or goes back to christianity?
    Moreover you cannot give her kid your name as father according to Islam. Think about that too.
    Clear emotions and think carefully

I pray May Allah grant you ease and help you to take right decision.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 21, 2020 at 8:10 pm

From the religious perspective there is not impediment, however, only you can decide what is right for you.

That said, Dr. Javad Hashmi recently offered some very valuable advise to a person who asked him a similar question. I’m sharing his audio below with his permission.

• Umer

Moderator November 21, 2020 at 8:11 pm

One should embrace Islam whole-heartedly and consciously, not conditional on any other factor. If she has even an iota of doubt then she should have that doubt removed first before accepting Islam. And the presence of condition does indicate some reluctance on her part.

Secondly, please also consider the points raised by Ahsan Sahab above before proceeding with any decision.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register