Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Blessings On Progeny Of Ibrahim عليه السلام

• Blessings On Progeny Of Ibrahim عليه السلام

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on November 21, 2020 at 3:06 pm

Why in salah do we say send peace on progeny of ibrahim عليه السلام AND Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم because Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم is part of the progeny of ibrahim عليه السلام ?

Muhammad Khan replied 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Blessings On Progeny Of Ibrahim عليه السلام

Muhammad Khan updated 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 22, 2020 at 5:41 pm

Actually saying peace on Prophet Abraham (sws) and His progeny covers it all but the reason I think that Prophet Muhammad (sws) and His Progeny are mentioned separately has some literary and historical significance.

Prophet Abraham (sws) hold a special status of Imamat while Prophet Muhammad (sws) hold the special status of culminating the Abrahamic tradition to its final form till the day of judgement. Therefore, mentioning of both the start and the end separately covers the whole of the second phase of prophethood beautifully.

• Muhammad Khan

Member May 30, 2021 at 11:45 am

My opinion is, in Durood e Ibrahimi, We only supplicate for the prayers and blessing for Muhammad AS and his followers (aal), Although we give reference of Ibrahim AS and his followers.

The translations of Durood I know of – are like, Send prayers/blessing on Muhammad AS and his aal, “JUST AS” you sent on Ibrahim AS and his aal…. This “JUST AS” means we are “referring” to God’s prayers and blessing that he sent on Ibrahim AS and his aal, not actually asking God to send salutations on Ibrahim AS and his aal.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register