Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Could The Humanoids Before Adam And Eve Have Been The Common Ancestor?

Tagged: ,

• Could The Humanoids Before Adam And Eve Have Been The Common Ancestor?

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on November 21, 2020 at 6:37 pm

Is it possible that the common ancestor of humans and chimps were the parents of Adam and Eve and then the nafkh e ruh made it so Adam and Eve were made into a separate species. It could be that the other branch of this common ancestry became hairy etc into the monkeys we see today due to further changes in DNA or even that the nafkh he ruh changed the physical appearance of Adam and Eve.

Ahsan replied 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Could The Humanoids Before Adam And Eve Have Been The Common Ancestor?

Ahsan updated 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 22, 2020 at 7:36 am

It could be a possibility but unless we hold onto verses of Quran in a very strict manner, it is very easy to jump to Darwinian theory of Evolution. But as far as Quran is concerned, Ghamidi Sahab is of view, we should not add anything to its meaning just to conform with famous scientific narrative. So when Quran discusses Human creation from the very beginning, we should avoid adding common ancestry to that. Also experience tells us that whenever similar attempts had been made in the past related to other similar subjects, all such attempts had backfired as we progressed further in our knowledge.

• Ahsan

Moderator November 23, 2020 at 12:03 am

To complement Umair Sb points, I will like to add regarding scientific miracles of Quran approach (Taken from Hamza Tzortzis article:Does the Qur’an Contain Scientific Miracles? A New Approach on how to Reconcile and Discuss Science in the Qur’an)

Famous popularisers such as Dr. Zakir Naik[6] and Yusuf Estes[7] have also used the scientific miracles narrative to verify the Divine nature of the Qur’ān. Due to this intense popularisation over the past few decades, there is now a growing counter movement that attempts to demystify the so-called scientific statements, and they seem to be more nuanced, with a growing popularity. A significant number of apostates from Islam (many of whom I have had private conversations with) cite the counter movement’s work as a causal factor in deciding to leave the religion. Nevertheless, I do believe that apostasy is not entirely an intellectual decision but rather a spiritual and psychological problem. This can include a lack of spiritual connection with God and disheartenment with Islam due to unfortunate negative experiences with Muslims and the the Muslim community.

Regrettably, the scientific miracles narrative has become an intellectual embarrassment for Muslim apologists, including myself. A few years ago I took some activists to Ireland to engage with the audience and speakers at the World Atheist Convention. Throughout the convention we had a stall outside the venue and as a result positively engaged with hundreds of atheists, including the popular atheist academics Professor P. Z. Myers and Professor Richard Dawkins. During our impromptu conversation with Professor Myers we ended up talking about God’s existence and the Divine nature of the Qur’ān. The topic of embryology came up, and Professor Myers being an expert in the field challenged our narrative. He claimed that the Qur’ān did not predate modern scientific conclusions in the field. As a result of posting the video[8] of the engagement on-line we faced a huge intellectual backlash. We received innumerable amounts of emails by Muslims and non-Muslims. The Muslims were confused and had doubts, and the non-Muslims were bemused with the whole approach. Consequently, I decided to compile and write an extensive piece on the Qur’ān and embryology, with the intention to respond to popular and academic contentions.[9]

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register