Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Adhan In Newborn's Ear

• Adhan In Newborn's Ear

Posted by Fahad H on November 24, 2020 at 6:10 pm

I have a question in regards to the practice of reciting the adhan in a newborns ear.

There seems to be some discrepancy in regards to it.

I want to know whether the adhan should be recited in a newborns ear or not.

This practice is not mentioned anywhere in the English rendering of Javed Ghamidi’s book Meezan ( Islam – A comprehensive introduction)

Yet, on al mawrid’s website an article by Dr. Shehzad Saleem has the practice of reciting the adhan in a newborns ear listed as one of the customs/ettiquites(sunnah).

http://www.al-mawrid.org/index.php/articles/view/islamic-customs-and-etiquette

Could you please clarify if we are to recite the adhan in a newborns ear. And why there is a discrepancy in the two publishing.

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 24, 2020 at 6:36 pm

Please see:

Discussion 1312

• Fahad H

Member November 24, 2020 at 6:44 pm

Then why is it mentioned in the article that I have referenced? The article is by Javed Ghamidi and translated by Shehzad Saleem and is posted on the al mawrid website.

There is contradiction in information.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 24, 2020 at 6:48 pm

Please watch the following starting at 11:00 to clear the confusion about the discrepancy.

https://youtu.be/uTTeNZ5Wsi0?t=11m

• Tayyab Chaudhry

Member November 24, 2020 at 11:51 pm

I listened the video at time stamp 11.00. It is not clear. But my guess from the discussion is that it is made up history and giving Azan is not Furz or important.? Am I right?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 25, 2020 at 12:20 am

The video was regarding the cause of the discrepancy as pointed out in the original question. For details about the issue please see the link shared by Umer Qureshi sahab above.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register