• Kissing Wife During Fast

Anmol Ali updated 3 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 27, 2020 at 6:17 pm

• Anmol Ali

Member November 28, 2020 at 8:27 am

According to my opinion it is contradicting quran

surah 2 ayat 187:

It is lawful for you to be indecent / to have obsence talks to your women in the night of fast…..

So to have obsence talks is a prerequisite after that you go furthur so it is obvious if you can do obsence talks in night so it is not allowed to do even obsence talks while fasting so how can kissing is allowed while fasting.

The word الرَّفَثُ means obsence talks which also comes in surah 2 ayat 197.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 28, 2020 at 9:32 am

There’s no mention of obscene talk with wives in Quran verse 2:187 or elsewhere in the Quran.

Quran 2:187

Translation by Muhammad Asad

IT IS lawful for you to go in unto your wives during the night preceding the [day’s] fast: they are as a garment for you, and you are as a garment for them. God is aware that you would have deprived yourselves of this right, and so He has turned unto you in His mercy and removed this hardship from you. Now, then, you may lie with them skin to skin, and avail yourselves of that which God has ordained for you, and eat and drink until you can discern the white streak of dawn against the blackness of night, and then resume fasting until nightfall; but do not lie with them skin to skin when you are about to abide in meditation in houses of worship. These are the bounds set by God: do not, then, offend against them – [for] it is thus that God makes clear His messages unto mankind, so that they might remain conscious of Him.

• Anmol Ali

Member November 28, 2020 at 12:54 pm

I mentioned earlier that you can have a look at surah 2 ayat 197

• Anmol Ali

Member November 28, 2020 at 12:54 pm
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 28, 2020 at 1:04 pm

Quran 2:197 is not about fasting – it’s about pilgrimage (Hajj). Also it’s a general prohibition from lewd speech with anyone not just with the wife.

• Anmol Ali

Member November 28, 2020 at 1:09 pm

Its upto you brother but the word meaning is obsence talks..as ghamdi sahab translated as shewat ki baten

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 28, 2020 at 1:11 pm

I’m not arguing about the meaning of any word. Please read my responses above.

• Anmol Ali

Member November 28, 2020 at 1:15 pm

I know you are not arguing and its a general prohibitation but the word meaning is obsence talks as it is a prerequisite or you can start with it..that is what I can say

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 28, 2020 at 1:48 pm

You used the word obscene, I used the word lewd, but that’s not the point of my disagreement with you. Please overlook this difference and read my responses above.

• Anmol Ali

Member November 29, 2020 at 8:59 am

Salam i over looked on it

if it is a general kissing or hugging then it could be fine..like goodbye kiss or hugging

but if you say unwearing kissing or hugging and go furthur and stop at the end because of fasting then it is not possible..like in the narration it is stated that while going for praying so it seams to be general kissing or hugging like goodbye..

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register