Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Change Of Qibla

Tagged: 

• Change Of Qibla

Posted by Afia Khan on November 28, 2020 at 9:23 pm

Salam.

Did Qibla change twice during the life of Prophet Muhammad صَلَّى ٱللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ. Once in Makkah and then in Madina? I heard this before and Ghamdi Sahab also mentioned in this clip.

https://fb.watch/22OT8YxsBc/

Umer replied 3 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Change Of Qibla

Umer updated 3 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • $ohail T@hir

Moderator November 29, 2020 at 8:21 am

By Mushafiq Sultan

wa alaikumussalaam

Thank you for writing to us.

Let us not get entangled in the name “first qibla”. Let us just say that the Qibla of Bayt ul Maqdas. We know that in Makkah the Muslims offered salah with the Kaaba as their Qibla. When the Muslims emigrated to Madinah, the Almighty instructed the Prophet (sws) to make Baytul Maqdas as the Qibla. It is evident from Aayah 143 of Surah Baqarah:

مَا جَعَلْنَا الْقِبْلَةَ الَّتِي كُنتَ عَلَيْهَا إِلاَّ لِنَعْلَمَ مَن يَتَّبِعُ الرَّسُولَ مِمَّن يَنقَلِبُ عَلَى عَقِبَيْهِ

“And We appointed your former Qiblah (i.e. Baytul Maqdas) only to see who follows the Prophet and who turns away…”

This Aayah and the one before it clarify that this was a temporary directive and was given to test the Ismaelites so that it becomes evident that who among them understands the actual reality and who loses his way by becoming enslaved to the apparent.

The implication of these Aayaat (142 onwards) is that the change of Qiblah for the Ismaelites was a great trial for them but it did not prove difficult for those who were not slaves of their old traditions but were true worshippers of God and had true faith in Him and His Prophet.

The hadith narratives provide more details of the same.

Hope this helps.

https://www.al-mawrid.org/Question/60a204a3923f0b12074d877c/why-was-masjid-al-aqsa-made-a-qibla

• Afia Khan

Member November 29, 2020 at 10:43 am

I heard from one of my teacher that after the revelation, Muslim’s qibla was Baitullah, and then it was changed by Allah to AlMaqdas. Which was the test off course. Prophet Muhammad صَلَّى ٱللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ used to pray as he could face both. But in Madina he could not and then after 13 months of Hijra the command of qibla from AlMaqdas to Baitallah happened. It was also the test for munafiqeen.

• Umer

Moderator November 29, 2020 at 5:35 pm
  • Afia Khan

Member November 29, 2020 at 6:00 pm

JAK. But this video is not visible in our country 🙁

• Umer

Moderator November 29, 2020 at 7:43 pm

Please refer to the alternative link below from 46:30 to 48:37

Ilm-o-Hikmat 2019-03-03 Video

The discussion "Change Of Qibla" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now