Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Purpose Of This Universe

Tagged: ,

• Purpose Of This Universe

Posted by Talha Ghaffar on December 1, 2020 at 3:33 pm

AOA. I’m having these questions lately. I’d be glad if someone answers them.
    What is the purpose of this universe? Why did Allah Create Angels, Jins, Humans, Animals, etc? In the Quran, Allah says he created humans to worship him. And in the Quran, it is also mentioned that he is self-sufficient. He does not need anything. So, if he does not need anything, no one can add more value to what he already is then what is the purpose of all this. Why does he want things( humans, angels, jins, etc) to worship him if all these things can’t do any good to him. Why is he complicating things by creating something (insan etc) and asking it to good and get rewarded or else get punished? Is this all fun and games to him by creating things? Is this a source of entertainment for him? In short, what is he trying to achieve from all this universe? What is he trying to prove?

Regards

ودود replied 3 years, 5 months ago 6 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Purpose Of This Universe

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 1, 2020 at 4:31 pm
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 1, 2020 at 4:31 pm
  • Umer

Moderator December 1, 2020 at 5:36 pm

Please also refer to the following video for a detailed response from 1:53 to 13:20

https://youtu.be/Ig5PCrny0V0?t=113

• ودود

Member December 2, 2020 at 1:10 am

Imagine a god that does not create — whatever comes to your mind can be anything but God.

Creation defines God. All other attributes of God becomes meaningless if he is not the creator and does not have his creations.

The Creator and God are two words for the same entity. There cannot be a god who does not create.

This is why God has created what he has created and this is an ongoing process. No fraction of time passes without a change or new creation in the universe.

Just like God cannot create a stone so big that He cannot lift it (because that would be an ungodly act), God cannot stop creating as that would also be an ungodly act.

Hope that will help a bit — thats all my own guess and i am not a scholar 🙂

• Asfar Nawaz

Member December 5, 2020 at 7:00 pm

Your imagination is limited to time and space. Can you give me an example of something that doesn’t get old with time and doesn’t need space either?

Answer me and I’ll build my argument further

• ودود

Member December 5, 2020 at 9:10 pm

Light or energy?

• Shahid Nazir

Member December 6, 2020 at 1:37 am

But energy transform from one state to another, and it never remain in one state so how you can say enegy is forever.

• Asfar Nawaz

Member December 6, 2020 at 5:16 am

Energy is essentially mass, all forms of energy need time and space to exist. Mass and energy interact with thr ‘fabric’ of time and space, and this is basic physics. I am asking for ‘something’ independent of time (it does not get older or newer), it does not need space.

For such an entity, laws of natural sciences and concepts of philosophy will not be applicable. Because the premise of these fields is this observable universe and our perceptions (only limited to time and space)

• ودود

Member December 6, 2020 at 2:31 am

Please let me know what’s the point you are trying to prove —— maybe we have no disagreement and therefore there is no point in arguing.

• Asfar Nawaz

Member December 6, 2020 at 4:50 am

Light and energy are concepts of time and space. Rest of the attributes of Allah also make sense for us as we are a creation that dwell in this time and space. Allah is independent of these concepts and attributes as without time and space, these attributes don’t make any sense. Being ‘Creator’ is not Allah’s central attribute, for us it maybe is.

He is “لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِۦ شَىْءٌ”. We cannot examplify him with anything except infinite Knowledge and Wisdom.

• Asfar Nawaz

Member December 6, 2020 at 4:58 am

These questions, can God create something that he himself can’t lift are ridiculous because of the concept of time and space. These questions outside time and space are like asking “What time is this chair?”. This sentence has no meanings.

• ودود

Member December 6, 2020 at 5:20 am

1. The question whether God can create some greater than Himself was just to explain the term “ungodly act” before using it. This question is not relevant to this topic.

The question is what is the purpose of this universe. Sir Ghamidi has answered the question in the videos. My understanding is the purpose of the universe is on going creation as this make God a Creator.

Are you saying being the Creator is not His primary attribute?

• Asfar Nawaz

Member December 6, 2020 at 5:28 am

Bring creator is His primary attribute for us. If we and this universe and other creations don’t exist, this attribute makes no sense. My point is that there is no attribute or a set of attributes that can comprehend Allah(swt).

• ودود

Member December 6, 2020 at 6:25 am

Yes i agree that when we say he is the Creator it does not mean He is just one of the creators we have on Earth. Although the attributes we use for God are defined using the same human language that we use for communicating with each others but those attributes are Haquiqui and not dependent on the cause and effect law of the universe.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register