Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Differences Of Opinion In Wudu

Tagged: ,

• Differences Of Opinion In Wudu

Posted by Zuhair on December 5, 2020 at 1:41 am

There have been many confusions on the smallest matters due to a difference of opinions and so it becomes difficult to understand. My question is quite simple that what is the proper method of doing wudu and what things nullify it.

Umer replied 2 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Differences Of Opinion In Wudu

Umer updated 2 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 16 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 5, 2020 at 10:36 am
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 5, 2020 at 10:38 am
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 5, 2020 at 10:40 am

Please listen to this to understand the two things that nullify or invalidate wudu:

Discussion 36669 • Reply 36757

• Zuhair

Member December 5, 2020 at 10:54 am

I heard that voice note but I’m sorry I couldn’t clearly understand the words he used in the end. So basically, there are only 3 things which break wudu which is using the toilet(excretion),sperm coming out of your body and sleep right?

Because some say that even vomiting and blood(external wounds etc) also breaks it.

• Umer

Moderator December 5, 2020 at 6:44 pm

…”Once wudu is done, it remains intact until something which terminates it is not encountered. Consequently, the directive of wudu is for the state in which it no longer remains intact except if for the sake of freshness a person does wudu in spite of being in the state of wudu. In such a situation, it is not a requirement though something which earns a person a lot of reward.

Following are the things which terminate wudu.

i. urination,

ii. defecation,

iii. passing the wind whether with sound or without it, and

iv. discharge of madhi [11] or wadi. [12]

The above things terminate the wudu except if they occur because of some disease. Sleep and unconsciousness themselves do not terminate wudu; however, since in these states a person is not able to know for certain whether his wudu is intact or not, it is essential to do wudu after them as a precautionary measure”…

(Excerpt from Meezan: Javed Ahmed Ghamidi)

(Translated by Dr. Shehzad Saleem)

[11] Pre-seminal prostatic fluid discharge in men, and sexual vaginal discharge in women. (Translator)

[12] A thick white secretion discharged after urination. (Translator)

• Haseeb Faisal

Member December 23, 2021 at 5:34 pm

I was hoping I can ask you one last question for today, I know I’ve asked so many already. Does merely touching any of the impurities nullify wudu or only when they are directly produced from the body? For instance, touching urine/madhi/wadi while cleaning garments?

• Umer

Moderator December 23, 2021 at 5:36 pm

No, only happening of the nullifier terminates wuzu.

• Zuhair

Member December 7, 2020 at 1:44 am

This was comprehensive and clear. Thankyou

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member October 27, 2021 at 4:30 am

Then what about the hadheeth that say”whoever touches his private part.let him du wudu”

narrated By abu dawood(from islamqa website).

• Umer

Moderator October 27, 2021 at 4:45 am

There is another narration to the contrary [1]. The point is that things which nullify wuzu are transmitted through Sunnah via ijma and tawatur of Muslims.

[1] Narrated Talq:

We came upon the Prophet of Allah (ﷺ). A man came to him: he seemed to be a bedouin. He said: Prophet of Allah, what do you think about a man who touches his penis after performing ablution? He (ﷺ) replied: That is only a part of his body.

Abu Dawud said: The tradition has been transmitted through a different chain of narrators.

Grade: Sahih (Al-Albani)

Source: (https://sunnah.com/abudawud:182)

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member October 27, 2021 at 8:14 am

So what is the final opinion brother.jazakallahu khair

• Umer

Moderator October 28, 2021 at 3:28 am

Final opinion is what has been transmitted as Sunnah of the Prophet (sws) through ijma and Tawatur:

Discussion 36957 • Reply 37010

Ahadith don’t contain the context at times and are understanding of the narrator, therefore, it could be possible that first hadith, mentioned by you could relate to situations where such a touching results in/or when one comes to know after such a touch, that a wuzu nullifier has taken place and hence one should redo the wuzu.

The second hadith mentioned by me is an explanation of the same Sunnah transmitted by the Prophet (sws) related to nullifiers of Wuzu.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member November 9, 2021 at 4:27 am

So touching private parts doest break wudu?

• Umer

Moderator November 10, 2021 at 6:37 am

No, it doesn’t.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member November 23, 2021 at 11:16 am

What about bleeding.is prayer accepted while blood gushing out.

• Umer

Moderator November 24, 2021 at 2:15 pm

Yes, prayer is accepted.

Bleeding doesn’t invalidate the Wuzu.

The discussion "Differences Of Opinion In Wudu" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now