Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions 4:159 – How Can The Quran Be A Witness?

• 4:159 – How Can The Quran Be A Witness?

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on December 6, 2020 at 6:07 pm

An-Nisa’ – 4:159

Arabic

وَإِن مِّنۡ أَهۡلِ ٱلۡكِتَٰبِ إِلَّا لَيُؤۡمِنَنَّ بِهِۦ قَبۡلَ مَوۡتِهِۦۖ وَيَوۡمَ ٱلۡقِيَٰمَةِ يَكُونُ عَلَيۡهِمۡ شَهِيدًا

If the reference of the bihi is the Quran rather than isa عليه السلام (I don’t think it does refer to isa عليه السلام or that the ahadith point to his return but a question still arises) then how does it make sense for a recitation/book to be a witness against someone?

Afia Khan replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • 4:159 – How Can The Quran Be A Witness?

Afia Khan updated 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Afia Khan

Member December 6, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Sahih Muslim Hadith 1757 Narrated by Abu Umamah

Abu Umamah said that he heard Allah’s Messenger (saws) say: Recite the Qur’an, for on the Day of Resurrection it will come as an intercessor for those who recite it.

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 1963 Narrated by Abdullah ibn Amr

Allah’s Messenger (saws) said, “Fasting and the Qur’an will intercede for man (on the Day of Judgment). Fasting says, ‘O my Lord, I have kept him away from his food and his passions by day, so accept my intercession for him.’ The Qur’an says, ‘I have kept him away from sleep by night, so accept my intercession for him.’ Then their intercession is accepted.”

In another famous narration the Messenger of Allah (saws) has declared (On the Day of Judgment) the Quran will be a hujja (argument) either for you or against you!

In light of the above ahadith there is absolutely no doubt that the Glorious Quran will be presented as an intercessor for those who accepted, submitted and followed its wise counsel and an argument against those who denied and rejected it.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 6, 2020 at 7:50 pm

I guess it’s from the umoor e mutashabihaat

• Afia Khan

Member December 6, 2020 at 8:02 pm

We have very limited knowledge and ability given in this world by Allah SWT. But if Allah says that this is going to happen. It will be like that. This is our Iman.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register