Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Multiple Meanings In The Quran

Tagged: ,

• Multiple Meanings In The Quran

Posted by Deleted User 1509 on December 7, 2020 at 10:52 am

Would it be correct to say that it is a miracle of the prophet’s word that any explanation can be interpreted, Every interpretation will only benefit humanity and will not harm?

Please select my question to directly ask from Ghamidi Sahab.

Deleted User 1509 replied 3 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 20 Replies
  • 20 Replies
  • Multiple Meanings In The Quran

Deleted User 1509 updated 3 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 20 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator December 7, 2020 at 4:06 pm

Ghamidi Sahab has negated this argument quite vehemently in his Mubadi Tadabbur-e-Quran (Principles of Understanding Quran). His whole religious thought stands in contradiction to this rationale, please see for details:

Discussion 55737

• Deleted User 1509

Member December 10, 2020 at 5:15 am

Why it would not be correct to say that any explanation can be interpreted, Every interpretation will only benefit humanity and will not harm?

Please answer my question in summary according to the reply of Ghamidi Sahab.

I have three more questions directly from Ghamidi Sahab which I can’t ask in English and about which I don’t know on which discussion forum I should ask.

کیا اپنے دل کی آواز سن کر کسی غیر معمولی احساس یا جذبے کو محسوس کرنے کے بعد واعظِ فطرت کی بات مان لینے سے اللّٰہ تعالیٰ کی خوشنودی حاصل ہو جاۓ گی؟

کیا اسلام میں فحش فلمیں،تصاویر اور ویڈیوز دیکھنا اور زنا کے بارے میں اور فحش خیالات کے بارے میں سوچنا جائز ہے؟

شریعت میں اور فقہ میں ایک اصول بیان کیا جاتا ہے کہ اگر آپ ماؤف العقل ہو گئے ہیں تو آپ شریعت کے کسی حکم کے مکلف نہیں ٹھہرتے تو یہ ماؤف العقل انسان کون ہوتا ہے؟ کیسا ہوتا ہے؟ کسی ماؤف العقل انسان کی مثال دے کر بات واضح کر دیں۔

• Ahsan

Moderator December 10, 2020 at 12:02 pm

it is preferred to ask different question in different topic.make separate topic for each question as they r unrelated.

• Deleted User 1509

Member December 10, 2020 at 11:14 pm

I would ask 3 questions on different discussion forum but I didn’t get satisfying reply of my first question.

• Ahsan

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 12:11 am

So this forum is run by students of Ghamdi Sb so they will answer you according to his teaching. Thats why Umair sb said Ghamdi sab is strictly against it.
      You can also check this question with other scholars may be u will be satisfied with them.

• Deleted User 1509

Member December 11, 2020 at 1:01 am

I just want to know that why Ghamidi Sahab is strictly against it?or I want to get any link to know the reason.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 1:26 am

Quran in it’s own words is a balance and a criterion. For any text to have these attributes, it’s imperative that it carries only one meaning.

It’s true that certain things in the Quran can become more clear with time. It’s also true that two sincere readers of the Quran can sometimes understand things differently. However, in order to claim that God intended for it to be interpreted in different ways, or that it’s a miracle of the prophet that it can be interpreted in many ways would not be correct at all.

Miracles are given to messengers of God for a very precise need – they have to convince their immediate addressees that they have in fact been sent by God the Almighty. First of all, the Quran carrying multiple meanings would in no way serve that need. Secondly, it would allow people to interpret it according to their own desires, not the will of God. Lastly, big claims require equally big evidences. There’s no evidence in the Quran or sunnah to substantiate this claim – in fact many verses of the Quran stand against it.

• Deleted User 1509

Member December 11, 2020 at 7:22 am

The observation is an evidence that interpretations of two sincere readers are only benefitting humanity and are not harming. It’s a topic on which a healthy debate can happen but I think it’s a complex issue which should be discussed directly to Javed Ahmed Ghamidi۔ I appreciate your response and sincere services of your institution.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 8:30 am

Please read the article shared by Umer Qureshi sahab above and then listen to the old Meezan lectures where Ghamidi sahab discussed this topic at length. After you understand Quran’s verdict on this topic, if you find any questions regarding what’s already explained we can definitely present those to Ghamidi sahab or Hassan Ilyas sahab for further elaboration. Simply stating benefit to the humanity when the idea stands in stark contrast to God’s word is not an evidence. Besides I am not even sure what benefits for the humanity you’re citing.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 8:32 am

Please also watch the video in the the following response:

Discussion 17395 • Reply 24491

• Deleted User 1509

Member December 11, 2020 at 9:04 am

Why we read Quran? Because we know there is a creator who knows better about the creation and by doing deeds according to the commands we will be benefitted in this life and after life and It would be harmful for us to not to acting according to the instructions in this life and afterlife. I am talking about this benefit.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 9:50 am

If you think that we can put multiple meanings to that very word of God and still benefit in this world and the hereafter then I rest my case!

The problem with the Quresh and the ahl-e-kitab that prophet Muhammad SAW addressed was not that they didn’t know about God or the hereafter. In fact to the contrary, not only that they were well aware of these concepts but were in fact quite religious from today’s standards. However, they had understood religion incorrectly and had innovated a lot of religious beliefs. Quran addresses this very topic and rejects the baseless claims that they were making.

I think if you read a plain translation of the Quran yourself, you will get a better understanding of the matter and will change your mind.

• Deleted User 1509

Member December 11, 2020 at 11:04 am

My mind is currently not like this but I was just wanted to get a logical answer of a logical question that can be raised. I really praise Javed Ghamidi and his team for answering questions logically with evidence.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 12:18 pm

This is definitely a meaningful discussion, so thank you for respectfully addressing your concerns and be willing to see things from a different perspective.

• Deleted User 1509

Member December 11, 2020 at 11:17 am

Please answer my other questions also which I asked on different topics.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 12:19 pm

There’s only one question allowed per discussion so that we can properly categorize and tag each discussion.

• Deleted User 1509

Member December 11, 2020 at 11:45 am

I know that It would not be correct to give different meanings and saying that all explainations are right. It is like explaining a couplet of Iqbal or Ghalib in thousand different ways and saying all are right. I gave an example of poets just to explain however I know that a human cannot be compared to the creator.

• Umer

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 11:58 am

The premise of multiple meanings in the verses of Quran with underlying intention of proving beneficial to the whole humanity goes against the principles of Quran in which Quran calls itself Meezan, Furqan and Muhaiman. If a text is created by the creator to mean multiple things then the same text cannot be given above names. These are both mutually exclusive traits.

You may also find the following comments of Ghamidi Sahab useful in this regard:

Please refer to the video below from 19:25 to 22:45

• Umer

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 11:58 am

You may also find the following videos insightful in this regard:

Discussion 33016 • Reply 33090

Discussion 33016 • Reply 33092

• Deleted User 1509

Member December 11, 2020 at 2:46 pm

Thanks a lot faisal bhai and umer bhai for increasing my knowledge.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register