Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions General Guidelines About Ask Ghamidi Questions

• General Guidelines About Ask Ghamidi Questions

Posted by Mumtaz Siddiqui on July 6, 2020 at 3:16 pm

Feedback on Ask Ghamidi
    Sorry if I am missing an existing topic.

We need a forum to provide, discuss, and review feedback on Ask Ghamidi. I have a couple of comments in this regard.

1. Tag a Question:

we need to add an option to flag a question; the flag values could include but not limited to, e.g.

• Inappropriate content
    • Already answered (with a link to the answer)
    • Review awaiting by a scholar (including Ghamidi Sahib), etc.
    • Others?

2. Avoid copy/paste unrelated answers from other questions; however, we should be able to link an item as ‘related’ or duplicate, or something like this.

2. The topic of Discussion: <div>

I think the idea is to make it a discussion forum. In that context, it would be a good idea to have a “blogs-like” section. Where authors can provide the current state-of-the-understanding on a specific topic and then invite folks to drill deep into the subject.

Everyone should be able to post a question but not blogs/articles. A team of editors needs to review the blogs/Articles before publishing. Otherwise, we can develop an automatic peer-review system where members can review peer content.

My 2 cents …

Thoughts?

</div>

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • General Guidelines About Ask Ghamidi Questions

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 6, 2020 at 3:33 pm

Some great feedback, thank you! Inappropriate content can already be reported. Please click on the ellipsis on any post to reveal a menu with Report link.

#2 is just training the community. Please feel free to point it out to community members if you notice people unnecessarily copying/pasting.

The rest of the feedback is also great and we’ll definitely keep it in mind for next versions.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register