Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Sperms Production

• Sperms Production

Posted by Muhammad Usama Habib on December 8, 2020 at 6:42 am

In surah Al-Tariq :5,6 and 7

Allah says that sperms are produced between backbone and ribs and this idea is also of Hippocrates and non-muslims says that Hazrat Muhammad saw get this idea from Hippocrates

Please give me answer of these two questions

1- Is this verse against the modern science

2- Reply of the blame of non-muslims

Muhammad Usama Habib replied 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 20 Replies
  • 20 Replies
  • Sperms Production

• Ahsan

Moderator December 8, 2020 at 7:40 am

One of the dilema with apporach of scientific miracles in Quran is what you have mentioned.
    There is a very nice piece of writing by a greek converted muslim. I will recommend you to read that article
    https://www.hamzatzortzis.com/does-the-quran-contain-scientific-miracles-a-new-approach/
    As for answer to your question. I will all wait for reply from scholars.

• Muhammad Usama Habib

Member December 8, 2020 at 8:07 am

I can’t find the answer of my first question

2- Hamza حفظہ اللہ says that “The Prophet (upon whom be peace) could not had access to the knowledge implied by the Qur’ānic verses” and successfully proves this argument but I want to know the answer of this blame that Hazrat Muhammad saw copies this knowledge from Hippocrates

Hamza’s argument cannot satisfy non-muslims because they do not agree to accept this aspect so I want to get that answer which can satisfy non-muslims

• Ahsan

Moderator December 8, 2020 at 12:22 pm

I never said, in that article you will find answers. It just to tell you that the scientific miracle argument cause embarrasment to muslims. He has mentioned that some of scientific knowledge such as embryo development was available in ancient tet. He is trying to refine the scientific miracle argument but has not so far come up with convincing one. He had admit himself in some videos.

As I said, i am also waiting an scholar to reply this questions you asked.
    but for a start, this ayah talk about both man and women bodies
    you can refer to tafheem ul quran,tafseer ibne kasir or qurtubi tafseer. For ghamdi sb point of view we have to wait.

http://www.fiqhulhadith.com/ibn-e-kaseer/book.php?page=3938
    https://www.tafheemonline.com/tafheem.asp?mode=search&s=086&r=1
    https://pdfbooksfree.pk/tafseer-e-qurtubi-urdu-complete-10-volumes/ its in volume 9

Secondly, If they are after truth, Allah give hidayah to people and Quran is enough to guide them as Quran says

“Verily, you (O Muhammad) guide not whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He knows best those who are the guided.”

[al-Qasas 28:56]

If you want to argue just turn the table, be skeptical of their argument. Ask that person their proof of statement. U dont need to play defensive. I m sure he will not be able to prove it without testimony of some translator, then u can question the translator credibility etc.

• Muhammad Usama Habib

Member December 8, 2020 at 6:33 pm

In Tafheem up Quran volume 6 zameema (ضمیمہ) no. 4 I find the answer of my question that in human embryo the location of gonads (tested and ovaries ) is under 11th and 12th rib and then testes moved down between legs in the end of embryo stage and may be after the birth and ovaries move down on the both sides of uterus

2- another aspect of this story is that the blood and nerve supply is also from those body parts which are located between backbone and ribs if you read Tafheem carefully you can also understand this aspect

3- testosterone harmones which develop sex characters and are also involve in this story are produced by gonads (testes and ovaries) and also by adrenal glands located on the upper side of kidneys which is also located under ribs

If you mix these points you can understand that Quran is not against modern science

• Muhammad Usama Habib

Member December 8, 2020 at 6:57 pm

In any case , The Quran does not contain the scientific errors of Hippocrates view 1 ) That Semen comes from all the fluid in the body . 2 ) That Semen passes through the kidneys . there is no similarity whatsoever , between this Quranic passage , and the view of Hippocrates . Furthermore , let’s examine some more of Hippocrates related scientific errors , that are again NOT in the Quran : 1 ) sperm originate in the brain 2 ) men & women produce sperm 3 ) ” healthy ” sperm is produced by healthy parts of the body 4 ) stronger sperm results in males , weaker sperm results in females

• Ahsan

Moderator December 9, 2020 at 4:33 am

So u actually answerd ur own questions

• Muhammad Usama Habib

Member December 9, 2020 at 6:34 am

Hamza’s problem is he doesn’t know the answer of a question that “Prophet saw copies knowledge (especially scientific knowledge ) from other civilizations and philosophers

If someone give the answer of this question his argument will prove incorrect

The problem of second party is that they try to prove every scientific fact present in Quran for example, 96:75 they try to prove that here Quran tells about the black holes

The moderate argument is that Quran has scientific miracles but doesn’t have too much miracles “

Note: I have the answer of Hamza’s main problem

• Ahsan

Moderator December 9, 2020 at 9:44 am

Can you share the answer of hamza problem?

• Muhammad Usama Habib

Member December 9, 2020 at 10:11 am

1- Bro you can find these answers in Hamza’s essay easily if you compare Quranic verses and the philosophies of others for example I prove that Prophet saw had not get this knowledge from Hippocrates

2- Hamza try to prove that Prophet saw had access to get knowledge from other civilizations but I can prove that Prophet saw had not access to get knowledge from other civilizations (it is very long topic so I close this point here if you want to get answer of this point then say “yes” then I will tell you)

Note: the western critics of Islam present this case better than Hamza

Tafheem up Quran has the answer of this question that Prophet saw get knowledge from old religious scripts .

• Ahsan

Moderator December 9, 2020 at 1:28 pm

ok let me read some related essays then i will return to u

• Muhammad Usama Habib

Member December 9, 2020 at 4:28 pm

Please also tell me about these essays and ok

• Ahsan

Moderator December 10, 2020 at 6:46 am

sure

• Muhammad Usama Habib

Member December 10, 2020 at 6:52 am

If you have any question on Islam about science and preservation of Quran and other rational questions you can share with me جزاکاللہ

• Faizan Ahmed

Member December 10, 2020 at 7:59 am

I think the Quran here is not talking about science in any way. God is just referring to the fact that human beings are created from a fluid that comes from man that is created by God and if God can create it in a man, it is not difficult for Him to create us again on the day of judgment. You can see the details in Islahi sab’s tafseer

• Ahsan

Moderator December 10, 2020 at 8:09 am

ANSWERING ISLAM: The Crescent in Light of the Cross (part 2)

https://www.hamzatzortzis.com/was-al-harith-bin-kalada-the-source-of-the-prophets-medical-knowledge/

https://www.islamic-awareness.org/quran/sources/bibindex

http://edis.sites.truman.edu/quran-science-scientific-miracles-from-the-7th-century/

https://www.jstor.org/stable/23041368?seq=1#metadata_info_tab_contents

After reading above book and link, I came to conclusion that we cannot rule out the exchange of knowledge between different civilization.

Summary of these links can be given as follows

The greek work has been translated to syriac before Prohet Mohammad saw birth. The work of greek was also available in Syria

and Egypt. Since, it is uncertain that Prophet MOhammad saw was unlettered or not (even if we assume he was unletterd), we cannot deny exchange of ideas during his trade visit or fellow meccans who traded with syria, egypt persia etc.

The dissimilarities in Quran may be because Allegedly, he was wise enough to use ideas which made more sense. There are some scientific errors in Quran like mountains are pegged to stop movement of ground or sun set in muddy spring etc

Kindly share you response to that

• Muhammad Usama Habib

Member December 10, 2020 at 3:47 pm
  • Muhammad Usama Habib

Member December 10, 2020 at 5:11 pm

Tafheem up Quran has answer of your first question if you read it completely for example you can read the tafseer of surah Furqan :6 and if you want to get your answer detail according to historical, geographical and rational aspects you can contact me on WhatsApp (+996508932299) because it’s answer is long and I haven’t ability to type too much but in WhatsApp I will answer your questions by sending you voice lips of mine

• Muhammad Usama Habib

Member December 10, 2020 at 5:19 pm

Brother Faizan M the tafseer of Islahi sab can satisfy me but it cannot satisfy any non-muslim or any truth seeker because it is a too critical scientific error according to every common man so there is need to remove this confusion from people’s mind

Alhamdulilah Tafheem up Quran can satisfy any truth seeker

I think Islahi sab didn’t have much knowledge about science but Alhamdulilah Maududi had very much knowledge in every field (Islam , philosophy,science , history, geography,etc)

• Ahsan

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 12:14 am

Thank you USama sb. I will revert to u after reading these papers

• Muhammad Usama Habib

Member December 11, 2020 at 5:16 am

Thank Allah !

Bro you can read Tafheem ul Quran if you want to get answer of your all questions about this topic

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register