Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 5:20-24 – Reason Why Bani Israel Were Asked To Fight

• Quran 5:20-24 – Reason Why Bani Israel Were Asked To Fight

Posted by Faraz Azam on December 8, 2020 at 9:57 pm

Surah Mayedah Ayat 20-24 In these ayats why did Allah taala asked bani Israel to enter into holyland and fight those who were living there. What was their crime for those Allah asked bani Israel to fight them.

وَ اِذۡ قَالَ مُوۡسٰی لِقَوۡمِہٖ یٰقَوۡمِ اذۡکُرُوۡا نِعۡمَۃَ اللّٰہِ عَلَیۡکُمۡ اِذۡ جَعَلَ فِیۡکُمۡ اَنۡۢبِیَآءَ وَ جَعَلَکُمۡ مُّلُوۡکًا ٭ۖ وَّ اٰتٰىکُمۡ مَّا لَمۡ یُؤۡتِ اَحَدًا مِّنَ الۡعٰلَمِیۡنَ ﴿۲۰﴾یٰقَوۡمِ ادۡخُلُوا الۡاَرۡضَ الۡمُقَدَّسَۃَ الَّتِیۡ کَتَبَ اللّٰہُ لَکُمۡ وَ لَا تَرۡتَدُّوۡا عَلٰۤی اَدۡبَارِکُمۡ فَتَنۡقَلِبُوۡا خٰسِرِیۡنَ ﴿۲۱﴾قَالُوۡا یٰمُوۡسٰۤی اِنَّ فِیۡہَا قَوۡمًا جَبَّارِیۡنَ ٭ۖ وَ اِنَّا لَنۡ نَّدۡخُلَہَا حَتّٰی یَخۡرُجُوۡا مِنۡہَا ۚ فَاِنۡ یَّخۡرُجُوۡا مِنۡہَا فَاِنَّا دٰخِلُوۡنَ ﴿۲۲﴾قَالَ رَجُلٰنِ مِنَ الَّذِیۡنَ یَخَافُوۡنَ اَنۡعَمَ اللّٰہُ عَلَیۡہِمَا ادۡخُلُوۡا عَلَیۡہِمُ الۡبَابَ ۚ فَاِذَا دَخَلۡتُمُوۡہُ فَاِنَّکُمۡ غٰلِبُوۡنَ ۬ۚ وَ عَلَی اللّٰہِ فَتَوَکَّلُوۡۤا اِنۡ کُنۡتُمۡ مُّؤۡمِنِیۡنَ ﴿۲۳﴾قَالُوۡا یٰمُوۡسٰۤی اِنَّا لَنۡ نَّدۡخُلَہَاۤ اَبَدًا مَّا دَامُوۡا فِیۡہَا فَاذۡہَبۡ اَنۡتَ وَ رَبُّکَ فَقَاتِلَاۤ اِنَّا ہٰہُنَا قٰعِدُوۡنَ ﴿۲۴﴾

[People of the Book! Fear the consequences of your crimes] and bear in mind the incident when Moses said to his people: “Think, my people, of the favour which God has bestowed upon you: He has raised up prophets among you, made you kings, and gave you that which He has given to no other nation.People of My Nation! [For this,] enter the holy land which God has ordained for you. And do not turn back; otherwise, you will lose everything.”They replied: “Moses! Very powerful people dwell here; we shall not set foot in it till they go away. Yes, if they go away, we shall definitely enter it.”From among their God-fearing men, there were two whom God had favoured; they said: “Enter you upon the people [of this city] by forcing yourselves in through the gate. When you enter it, you will be victorious, and trust God only if you believe in Him.But they again said: “Moses! As long as they are there, we shall never enter it. So, go, you and your Lord, and fight; we shall stay here.”

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Quran 5:20-24 – Reason Why Bani Israel Were Asked To Fight

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 9, 2020 at 12:02 am
  • Faraz Azam

Member December 9, 2020 at 12:56 am

Thank you for the reply. I heard the whole lecture it cleared my doubt to most extent.

However I am thinking is it possible that the qaum living inside the holy Land had been already warned ( i.e. itmame hujjat was done) by some other messenger and due to their denial Allah tala sent bani Israel as a punishment.)

Because until and unless itmame hujjat is not done Allah tala will not punish any nation. Can we say this is a possiblity.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 9, 2020 at 1:14 am

Anything is a possibility, however, since these are prehistoric events, we can only know what the Quran tells us.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register