Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Covenant In Surah Ale Imran

• Covenant In Surah Ale Imran

Posted by Faraz Azam on December 8, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Hi,

These ayats from. Surah ale imran 81-82 where in other tafseer books it is slightly differently commented that these covenant were taken from all prophets that they will acknowledge the upcoming prophet and help him

but in Al Bayan Ghamidi sahib has commented that it was taken from bani israel why is there difference please can you help me out here.

Aali Imran / آل عِمران

وَإِذْ أَخَذَ اللَّـهُ مِيثَاقَ النَّبِيِّينَ لَمَا آتَيْتُكُم مِّن كِتَابٍ وَحِكْمَةٍ ثُمَّ جَاءَكُمْ رَسُولٌ مُّصَدِّقٌ لِّمَا مَعَكُمْ لَتُؤْمِنُنَّ بِهِ وَلَتَنصُرُنَّهُ ۚ قَالَ أَأَقْرَرْتُمْ وَأَخَذْتُمْ عَلَىٰ ذَٰلِكُمْ إِصْرِي ۖ قَالُوا أَقْرَرْنَا ۚ قَالَ فَاشْهَدُوا وَأَنَا مَعَكُم مِّنَ الشَّاهِدِينَفَمَن تَوَلَّىٰ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ فَأُولَـٰئِكَ هُمُ الْفَاسِقُونَ

And [remind them] when God took a covenant [from them] about the prophets: “The law and wisdom which I have given to you, if a messengercomes forth in confirmation of what is before you, will you profess faith in him and support him?” [After this,] He asked: “Do you accept this and acknowledge the responsibility of My covenant?” They replied: “We accept it.” [He said:] “Then bear witness and I bear witness with you.”He [said:] “After this, those who turn away [from this covenant], it is they who are the insolent.”

Umer replied 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register