Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Surah Ibrahim Verse 13-14

• Surah Ibrahim Verse 13-14

Posted by Sheharbano Ali on December 9, 2020 at 1:11 pm

The disbelievers said to their messengers, ‘We shall expel you from our land unless you return to our religion.’ But their Lord inspired the messengers: ‘We shall destroy the evildoers,
    And indeed We will definitely make you to dwell (in) the land even after them; that (is) for him who fears My station and fears My threat.”

Is this “you” referring to the mission/the followers in general? Because clearly we know of Rasool who were killed right after Itmam e Hujjat before they could gain dominance? @UmerQureshi

Umer replied 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Surah Ibrahim Verse 13-14

Umer updated 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 5:14 pm

“You” here is referring to those specific Rasul and their followers. As a general principle, Itmam-e-Hujjah means that disbelievers will be destroyed and Rasul will be given dominance (could be the same land which they can return to after migration and after Allah’s Azab on disbelievers or some other place where they migrated to). A Rasul cannot be killed by disbelievers and I am not aware of any such historical incident where a Rasul was killed by disbelievers. Usually the verses used to support this relates to Prophets (Nabi) of Bani-Israel for whom word Rasul is used in literal sense because we know it cannot mean Rasul as a terminology because of separate status of Bani-Israel. The following articles will shed further light on this matter:

Discussion 31434 • Reply 31579

Discussion 31434 • Reply 31604

Discussion 31434 • Reply 33272

However, the only possibility of a Rasul’s death is at hands of Allah only (not at hands of the very disbelievers) which has been mentioned as a principle in Surah Younus (10:46) and also repeated in Surah Rad (13:40):

Discussion 31434 • Reply 33293

• Sheharbano Ali

Member December 12, 2020 at 10:18 am

So to summarise, would the following response by Irfan sb to one of the above posted discussions, apply?

“humiliation or annihilation of opponents of a Rasul, as a result of his effort is his success, even if he is not there to celebrate it, as we say, when effort of, for example, a leader to lead his nation to freedom succeeds, though he is not alive to watch the result, that he won finally.”

• Sheharbano Ali

Member December 12, 2020 at 11:57 am

Oh sorry, i meant suffice.

• Umer

Moderator December 12, 2020 at 7:52 pm

Yes! it does ThumbsupThumbsup

The discussion "Surah Ibrahim Verse 13-14" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now