Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Hadith About Killing Homosexuals

• Hadith About Killing Homosexuals

Umer updated 3 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 13 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 9, 2020 at 4:06 pm

Also the hadith mentions bestiality- is the animal and the person commuting the and supposed to be killed too?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member December 9, 2020 at 4:36 pm

In my opinion, the first question should be if Hadith is authentic or not. I believe none of the Hadith can be considered 100% correct when we take into consideration the exact words uttered, the context, the circumstances and the errors that might have crept in, etc. Some Hadith may be more reliable and some may be extremely weak. You must also check a hadith against the Quran, especially the general principals. Is there anything in Quran that talks about killing homosexuals or taking law in to your hand? The answer is clear…NO.

• Ahsan

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 1:40 pm

here i will mention that if they conceal their sins and donot publicize it then in my opinion there will be no punishment other than lashes if found out as per Quran directives
    If they publicize or promote things,then it may be considered as fitna or fisaad which may come under death penalty as per Quran.

In Ghamdi sb book Burhan, there is discussion about rajam, i think context can be applied in this case too.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member December 11, 2020 at 1:45 pm

There is nothing in Quran about punishment. But I do not think homosexuality comes under Fitna and Fasad. To qualify for that the acts need to be causing directly or indirectly physical harm, property damage or oppression. Please correct if I am wrong. Also homosexuality can’t be worse than spreading shirk and that is not punishable by death.

• Ahsan

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 2:06 pm

act of homosexuality is considered abhorrent in quran. it is an ethical issue thats why it can be considered fitnah o fisaad. Since in Islam, marriage can happen between a male and female so homosexuality will automatically come under umbrella of zina.
      Generally zina bil raza has nothing to do with destruction of property opression etc. But ghamdi sab has consider it as fitna too. kindly read this link, page 613, chapter Fisaad fil ard
      https://ghamidi.tv/books/meezan-254

• Umer

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 1:54 pm

@AhmadShoaib

Please post English version of these Ahadith, select a few representative Ahadith along with their sources (due to time constraints I cannot do it myself). We can take Hassan Sahab’s or Ghamidi Sahab’s take on them.

For a detailed discussion on the matter, please see:

https://youtu.be/Oefc0_3uwRA

• Umer

Moderator December 13, 2020 at 3:15 pm

In recent Q&A Session with Ghamidi Sahab on Questions selected from ASK GHAMIDI Platform:

For answer to your question, please refer to the video below from 1:07:16 to 1:09:01

https://youtu.be/tio2EVImUGM?t=4036

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register