Forums Forums Sources of Islam Splitting Of The Moon

Tagged: ,

• Splitting Of The Moon

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 21 Replies
  • Muhammad Usama Habib

Member December 10, 2020 at 5:32 pm

Detail topic

1- In Indian scripts we get a clear hint of it

2- It is only for some moments Not everyone was waiting at night for the moon to split and then see it

3- Even if someone had seen it, it would not have been got acceptance

• Ahsan

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 12:13 am

Usama sb can you share the detail of this indian script?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member December 11, 2020 at 6:15 am

I googled it. Here is the reference.

WITNESS OF MOON SPLITTING (A MIRACLE OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PBUH)CHAKRAWATI FARMAS KING OF MALABAR, INDIA

The incident relating to King Chakrawati Farmas is documented in an old manuscript in the India Office Library, London, which has reference number: Arabic, 2807, 152-173. It was quoted in the book “Muhammad Rasulullah,” by M. Hamidullah:

• Nadeem Minhas

Member December 11, 2020 at 6:16 am
    • Ahsan

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 11:58 am

Thank you nadeem sb for sharing I will check it out.

• Ahsan

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 12:06 pm

Nadeem Sb the article u sent me refute this claim.
      According to it, this guy was born after 200 year of ProPhet Mohammad saw death. If this is true then this reference should not be given. A quick search on this guy lead to schorly article mentioning him as more of a legend.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member December 11, 2020 at 12:10 pm

I just referenced where it was mentioned. The article may have refuted it and perhaps it may be correct. The video that started this conversation also seems to be refuting it.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member December 10, 2020 at 9:02 pm

My question is that in Quran it just says and I am paraphrasing here, “and the moon was split”. Rest of the information all comes from Hadith. Since even the best referenced Hadith may or may not be correct or at least not absolutely correct, so when science proves something like this miracle as incorrect, doesn’t it reflect on Islam that Islam is based on lies and it gives Kuffars another point to turn people against Islam? Shouldn’t we just rely on Quran and Sunnah?

• Ahsan

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 12:12 am

Sir if u think science is always correct then you are also mistaken. Inductive arguments may change over time.
      Kindly watch the video shared above. Your misconception will be removed.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member December 11, 2020 at 6:07 am

Thank you for your response. I agree, science is not always right and science hasn’t discovered everything yet and totally relying on science is not advisable. But the same argument goes for Hadiths. It is not totally reliable. I believe Quran is absolutely correct, but Hadiths are not reliable. I will listen to the video carefully once again.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member December 11, 2020 at 6:44 am

I agree with the conclusion the video made. Actually to my understanding from Quran the miracles stopped with prophet Muhammad pbuh as Allah said that in the past people just called miracles magic.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 1:36 am

There’s no proof in science that this incident didn’t take place. In fact there’s nothing in the Quran that science has been able to proved otherwise so far.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member December 11, 2020 at 6:09 am

I agree. This has not been proved or disapproved by science yet. If Quran says the moon was split then it did happen and science will find out sooner or later.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member December 11, 2020 at 6:37 am

I totally agree with the posted video.

• Ahsan

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 11:58 am

I disagree a little bit .
      Science cannot prove this event unless we can actually go back in time or splitting of moon happens again. In the best case, it can just say it as possiblity.
      However, currently no physical theory that I am aware of can even throw light on possibility.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member December 11, 2020 at 12:05 pm

I believe if Quran says it happened, then it happened. Usually if something happens it leaves some clues and when Allah wishes those clues become visible…such as, tactonic plates, mountains moving like clouds, prehistoric humans, etc. All this we discovered based on clues, research and science. I am sure one day we will see some signs of moon splitting. Perhaps a canyon, a crack, etc.

• Ahsan

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 12:37 pm

Thats a possiblity, i agree

• Umer

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 12:23 pm

Some related discussion on Splitting of the moon incident as mentioned in Quran:

Please refer to the video below from 40:17 to 43:13

https://youtu.be/1_AAOiJrDXE?t=2417

• Ahsan

Moderator December 11, 2020 at 12:37 pm

thanks

• Umer

Moderator December 13, 2020 at 3:15 pm

In recent Q&A Session with Ghamidi Sahab on Questions selected from ASK GHAMIDI Platform:

For answer to your question, please refer to the video below from 1:10:40 to 1:13:25

https://youtu.be/tio2EVImUGM?t=4240

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 19, 2020 at 1:41 am

The above referenced portion of the video can also be watched at:

https://youtu.be/A8YOXbYCSpQ

The discussion "Splitting Of The Moon" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now