Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Adam Height And Modern Science

Tagged: 

• Adam Height And Modern Science

Posted by WAQAR AHMAD on December 14, 2020 at 5:49 am

We see in revelation literature that Adam’s height was about 60 to 100 feet. How modern human shorted to 6 feet? Has science expose some facts about this scenario?

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Adam Height And Modern Science

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 14, 2020 at 11:32 am

To my knowledge there’s nothing in any scripture relating the height of Adam AS.

• WAQAR AHMAD

Member December 15, 2020 at 12:58 am

I think it was in bible but in sahih bukhari I found,

Sahih Bukhari صحیح بخاری

Hadith # 3326

Translation:

Narrated Abu Hurairah (RA):

The Prophet ﷺ said, “Allah created Adam, making him 6O cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, “Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring.” So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, “As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi” (i.e. Peace and Allahs Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adams salutation the expression, Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi, Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adams creation.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 15, 2020 at 1:08 am

I am pretty sure that the Bible doesn’t mention anything about Adam AS’s height.

Also I believe that the hadith you shared above is talking about a high stature of Adam AS, not his physical height.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register