Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Is The Quran Enough To Understand Islam?

Tagged: ,

• Is The Quran Enough To Understand Islam?

Posted by Zafar Mohammed on December 16, 2020 at 8:56 am

I have a question, is Quran absolute in its message ? I mean if we do not refer to Hadith, Islamic history, fiqh, etc , I believe these work were done much after prophet Mohammad. Will Qur’an alone still be then absolute in its message ? Request to please clarify

Umer replied 3 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Is The Quran Enough To Understand Islam?

Umer updated 3 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 13 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 16, 2020 at 9:18 am

Please clarify what you mean by absolute in it’s message.

• Zafar Mohammed

Member December 16, 2020 at 9:38 am

I mean is Qur’an clear in its message alone, with just Qur’an a person can understand Islam in entirety or one needs to refer to Hadith, fiqh, Islamic history works ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 16, 2020 at 10:42 am

The only source of Islam for us is prophet Muhammad SAW. He gave us Islam through the Quran and the sunnah. Hadith contains the historical record of prophet Muhammad’s life and it was related to us through individuals. Fiqh consists of laws derived from the principles of religion as understood by our great scholars of the past.

• Faisal Haroon

• Faisal Haroon

• Zafar Mohammed

Member December 16, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Thanks for response…I have already seen these videos, as per Ghamidi sahab I understood what is the value of fiqh and Hadith in Islam. Also I am not sure if every scholar understand sunnaah the same way or there is conflict again…for others is source of sunnaah is Hadith ?

Also I do not think it’s is right that if some tradition is being followed by large group of people over period of time then it will be correct only…your thoughts in this.?

Also I am still not very clear if Qur’an is so clear in its message then why do we have so many different interpretations, why people interpreting Qur’an on basis of different school of thoughts. I mean if Qur’an is last book of Deen then it’s message should be clear..right, why would Allaah send such a book which would again lead to so many different interpretations… different understanding ? Please clarify

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 16, 2020 at 8:38 pm

“I do not think it’s is right that if some tradition is being followed by large group of people over period of time then it will be correct”

Please share your reservations so that a proper response can be provided. Since this topic is mainly about the Quran, please create a new discussion to discuss sunnah.

As for understanding of the Quran it is something that must be done by humans so differences are inevitable.

Please watch this video to understand why there are different interpretations and how to pick the right one:

https://www.facebook.com/javedahmadghamidi/videos/632601560990668/

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 16, 2020 at 8:38 pm

Also please watch:

• Ahsan

Moderator December 17, 2020 at 4:16 am

I dont remember whereI heard or read, is it ture that the differences in the fiqh actually arises due to identification of sunnah? In that particular video or text, it says that Imam Abu Hanifa identify sunnah as told by Hazrat Ibne Masood while Imam Malik identified sunna on basis of action of people of Madinah etc. Can you explain about it?

• Umer

Moderator December 17, 2020 at 6:14 pm

Please refer to the video below from 20:33 to 23:52

• Umer

Moderator December 17, 2020 at 6:14 pm

Please also refer to the video below from 36:13 to 39:40

• Ahsan

Moderator December 17, 2020 at 11:20 pm

Thank you very much

• Umer

Moderator December 18, 2020 at 7:14 pm

Please also refer to the link below from 31:54 to 34:53