A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Women Leading Prayers

Tagged: , , ,

• Women Leading Prayers

Ahsan updated 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 16, 2020 at 10:35 pm

There’s no prohibition of women imams in the Quran or the sunnah. The hadith is used as a supporting evidence.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 16, 2020 at 10:35 pm
  • Ahsan

Moderator December 17, 2020 at 3:58 am

Faisal Sb, but if take this hadees as evidence then there are some hadith which may imply different opinion
    In Bukhaari (4425) narrated that No people will ever succeed who appoint a woman as their leader (I have seen above video but still using this as argument because In Quran, in a family husband will be head/leader. ) In presence of leader, how a woman can lead prayer
    Abu Daud 576 says do not restrict women from entering the mosques, although their houses are better for prayers
    Muslim (440 and 658) implies that In jamat, men should stand forward while women should stay at back.
    With all this hadith, natural conclusion is female cannot be imam unless necessary. The condition migh if none of male can recite quran.
    Also, Whole Prophet Mohammad saw or sahaba histroy is empty of female imam.

When I talked to one saudi aalim about event of Umme Warqh, he told me that one of the narrator Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Khallaad is unknown thats why it is considered weak. According to him, even if it was sahih then the hadith talk about house hold not neighbourhood

Can you clarify things in the light of above hadith and argument presented by Saudi Aalmi to me?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 17, 2020 at 8:51 am

I don’t see any contradiction from the narrations that you shared above. We need to keep in mind that narrations have contexts and we must understand each one of them according the to principles laid out in the Quran.

As for criticism on the narration chain, such criticism exists on a large number of narrations. That’s why we find some narrations accepted by a certain muhhadith while rejected by another.

The key to understand such issues is that nothing can be made permissible or impermissible solely based on a narration. The principle must be derived from the Quran, and narrations can be used as supporting evidence.

• Ahsan

Moderator December 17, 2020 at 9:54 am

ok thanks for clarification

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register