Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Distance From Relatives

• Distance From Relatives

Posted by Muhammad Wasif on December 17, 2020 at 12:09 am

I heard about the Hadith saying those people will be in Hell fire who do Kata Taluqi with their Relatives. I want to know of your relatives are toxic and you distance from them basically to have peace in your life. is it wrong? Does it come under kata taluqi?

Kindly explain what should we do in this scenario. When these toxic people become a hurdle in your peace

Sameer Namole replied 1 year, 5 months ago 8 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Distance From Relatives

Sameer Namole updated 1 year, 5 months ago 8 Members · 13 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator December 17, 2020 at 3:38 am

These days good triats are also considered toxin in people. It will be better if you can define toxic people for better understanding.

• Afia Khan

Member December 17, 2020 at 9:05 am

I think it is better to distant and be careful from the toxic relations, but don’t wait to help them if they are in need of help, and always make dua for them.

• Umer

Moderator December 17, 2020 at 5:44 pm

Please refer to the video below from 41:12 to 50:13

https://youtu.be/_w_jRD1r3Z8?t=2472

• Umer

Moderator December 17, 2020 at 5:45 pm

Please also refer to the video below from 40:57 to 49:57

• Fatima

Member December 19, 2020 at 6:02 am

jaisa ke video me ghamidi sahab ne bayan kiya ke hazrat aisha ne 40 ghulam azaad kiye ,kis tarha se hame samajh nahi araha kya vo itnemaaldar thi?

• Umer

Moderator December 20, 2020 at 2:25 am

Ji Khaibar ki fatah kai baad sai halaat achay hogaye thaay aur uskai baad achay hotay gaye musalsal.

• Fatima

Member December 20, 2020 at 2:53 am

ji bht shukria

• Muhammad Wasif

Member December 18, 2020 at 3:09 am

So What I get is that you should greet them whenever they meet and do good but if they are toxic you can have distance from them. Coz they are bringing chaos to your life. Right?

• Muhammad Ali

Member December 18, 2020 at 11:19 am

Please further explain, if one family harm financially and lively hood of another family, for our own good, shouldn’t we stay away from them?

• Umer

Moderator December 18, 2020 at 6:32 pm

All such values are described as a general principle keeping in mind the normal circumstances that humans usually face. Exceptions are never discussed when describing principles in general. Therefore, as a general principle, what is being taught here is that in matters of familial relationships, never let your ego destroy the basis of your relationship; you’re free to choose the level of frankness you want to have with any relationship, but you should never turn your back on them. However, if after every attempt you think that there’s only toxicity and constant pain and suffering being offered by the other side, then of course you have no other option but to take extreme measures in such exceptional cases.

• Muhammad Ali

Member December 18, 2020 at 8:10 pm

👍🏼

• Faraz Fakhar

Member December 20, 2020 at 3:38 am

Deliberately cutting off from your relatives is not good on ikhlaqi grounds but if the relatives are toxic, to my knowledge and understanding, keeping them at a distance is necessary for a happy and healthy life.

• Sameer Namole

Member November 17, 2022 at 11:02 am

Great thread. 💎

Sir my query is won’t our status in Jannah will get lowered if minimize ‘frankness’ in a relation. This concerns me so much. Like should we need to be all frank and then be good to even those who may hurt us consistently in order to achieve high ranks Hereafter?

As we know ranks in hereafter will be based on how good our akhlaq were, plese guide me on this.

And also please guide me then what is meant by ‘Hilm’ and ‘Sila rehmi’ ?

These two qualities are praised so much in hadiths that I want to acquire these. As I know ‘Hilm’ means to behave good even if he/she is hurting you. Is that the case? Same about sila rehmi.

Pls guide. Thanks in advance.

The discussion "Distance From Relatives" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now