Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia The Meaning Of Quran's Recitation During Prayer

Tagged: , ,

• The Meaning Of Quran's Recitation During Prayer

Posted by Inayat Ullah on December 19, 2020 at 8:10 pm

Assalamo Alaikom.

We recite part of Quran during Prayer. However when I think about the meaning of a verse, it sometimes makes me feel as if we are speaking to someone else. E.g “Surah Fatiha” when we recite “Qul Huwallaho Ahad”, in that sense why we say “Qul” which literally is an order to our prophet to “say” about Allah is One… so Question: Is it okay to recite “Huwallahu Ahad Allaho Samad…. kufuan Ahad”? Allah Ghamidi sahb aur poori team ko jaza e khair day ke is azeeem khidmat e deen ko jari rakhein. Jazaka Allah

Inayat Ullah replied 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • The Meaning Of Quran's Recitation During Prayer

Inayat Ullah updated 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator December 20, 2020 at 1:08 am

Assalamualikum!

Thank you for your kind words.

As far as recitation of Quran during qayam of Salah is concerned, it is an established Sunnah to read “The Quran” only. Excluding any word(s) for a better understanding of translation will not be called “The Quran”. There are many other verses in Quran which are totally specific to the time of Prophet Muhammad (sws) and had no bearing on today’s time, yet we read them in an ‘as is’ format. Reading Quran in an ‘as is’ format is very important for two reasons, firstly to ensure unity and universality among Muslims in Salah, and secondly, to ensure that Quran stays preserved and no amalgamation distorts its status as being preserved.

I think instead of focusing on the ‘Qul’ (e.g. Surah Ikhlas) parts, if you focus on the whole meaning of the verses, which is universal in its very nature, then hopefully this problem won’t arise.

Please see if these videos add further insight into this matter:

https://youtu.be/fghLPerSVls

• Umer

Moderator December 20, 2020 at 1:09 am

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 20, 2020 at 1:10 am

When we recite verses from the Quran in the mandatory part of the salat i.e. after Surah Fatiha then we must read them as they are. After that we can optionally recite duas or whatever else we want in whichever language we want in order to make a better connection with God. During that part of the salat we can even recite parts of ayahs that we best relate with.

• Inayat Ullah

Member December 20, 2020 at 5:40 am

Thank you all for your responses and clarification.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register