A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Preservation Of Old Sciprutres

Tagged: ,

• Preservation Of Old Sciprutres

Ahsan updated 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 22, 2020 at 9:58 am

The proof of the statement is that there’s no ties to bani Ismael in the present day Bible.

Quran verses 5:12-14 do not say that parts of books have been forgotten. They say that people twist the words in these books and that they have forgotten what they were told to bear in mind. You can draw a parallel with Muslims today – some of us twist the words of Quran in order to prove their points, and a lot of people have forgotten the message of God.

• Ahsan

Moderator December 22, 2020 at 10:45 am

Thanks for your response.
      If i ever talk to Jews or christians about it, I will never be able to convince that. Coz generally they dont believe that a prophet had to come from Bani Ismael. How can I make the point?

• Ahsan

Moderator December 22, 2020 at 10:48 am

Urdu tranlsation from website
      https://quran.com/5/12-17 shows
      اب ان کا حال یہ ہے کہ الفاظ کا الٹ پھیر کر کے بات کو کہیں سے کہیں لے جاتے ہیں، جو تعلیم انہیں دی گئی تھی اُس کا بڑا حصہ بھول چکے ہیں

similarly ayah 14 urdu translation shows
      سی طرح ہم نے اُن لوگوں سے بھی پُختہ عہد لیا تھا جنہوں نے کہا تھا کہ ہم ”نصارٰی“ ہیں، مگر ان کو بھی جو سبق یاد کرایا گیا تھا اس کا ایک بڑا حصّہ اُنہوں نے فراموش کردی

It says jo taleem ya sabaq say mtlab shariat hai phr?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 22, 2020 at 11:00 am

There’s no point in trying to debate about bani Ismael and bani Israel. Our effort should be to convince them to read the Quran. For a discussion with them it might be helpful to understand what prophethood really is. Video in the following response might be helpful:

Discussion 15736 • Reply 15745

• Ahsan

Moderator December 22, 2020 at 1:10 pm

Thank you

• Faizan

Member December 22, 2020 at 10:25 am

@faisalharoon

I’m not clear … please electorate more.

It’s stated that previous scriptures were corrupted, but also Quran is called the custodian of earlier divine books.

What should be our approach when it comes Psalm, Torah & Gospel?

Thank you.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 22, 2020 at 10:27 am

Where is it stated that the previous scriptures were corrupted?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 22, 2020 at 10:31 am
  • Faizan

Member December 22, 2020 at 10:58 am

Alterations have taken place in historical accounts not in Divine directives.

Thanks much @faisalharoon

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register