Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Who Believed In Musa عليه السلام?

Tagged: 

• Who Believed In Musa عليه السلام?

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on December 23, 2020 at 8:39 pm

Yunus – 10:83

Arabic

فَمَآ ءَامَنَ لِمُوسَىٰٓ إِلَّا ذُرِّيَّةٌ مِّن قَوۡمِهِۦ عَلَىٰ خَوۡفٍ مِّن فِرۡعَوۡنَ وَمَلَإِيْهِمۡ أَن يَفۡتِنَهُمْۚ وَإِنَّ فِرۡعَوۡنَ لَعَالٍ فِى ٱلۡأَرۡضِ وَإِنَّهُۥ لَمِنَ ٱلۡمُسۡرِفِينَ

Ta Ha – 20:70

Arabic

فَأُلۡقِىَ ٱلسَّحَرَةُ سُجَّدًا قَالُوٓاْ ءَامَنَّا بِرَبِّ هَٰرُونَ وَمُوسَىٰ

These two verses are pointed out as a seeming contradiction. What’s the answer?

Umer replied 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Who Believed In Musa عليه السلام?

Umer updated 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 23, 2020 at 8:42 pm

Didn’t the entire nation of Musa عليه السلام accept Islam and do hijrah with him?

• Umer

Moderator December 24, 2020 at 2:51 pm

All of Bani-Israel did, but in different phases.

10:83 is talking about the initial phase of Dawah which is the most difficult phase for people to become part of and only youngsters have both the courage and resilience to be the first ones to go against the tide. And 20:70 is specifically discussing the response of those magicians.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 24, 2020 at 2:53 pm

Sajid Hameed sahab said that the aamana LImusa is different to aamana BImusa. So basically only a few youths (from his nation) were especially obedient – the magicians were from another nation so are not mentioned

• Umer

Moderator December 24, 2020 at 2:58 pm

Ghamidi Sahab holds a different opinion and I concur with Ghamidi Sahab’s opinion.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 24, 2020 at 3:01 pm

I may be presenting Hameed sahab incorrectly but because it was a whatsapp voice note I can’t send the exact thing here

• Umer

Moderator December 24, 2020 at 3:03 pm

I think so as well.

See Al-Bayan, may be Sajid Sahab is saying the same thing.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register