Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Consciousness Proven An Illusion

Tagged: ,

• Consciousness Proven An Illusion

Posted by Abdul Rehman on December 28, 2020 at 1:59 pm

Neuroscientists and Materialists are proving that there is no ROOH.The conciousness comes from brain.All is brain.Brain makes the self.Self is an illusion.Free will is an illusion……

Can anyone give me the counter answers of these philosophical allegations….or please give me the link of video…plz plz ….

Abdul Rehman replied 3 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Consciousness Proven An Illusion

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 28, 2020 at 3:43 pm

In summary, scientists and neuroscience have only provided several hypotheses based on assumptions, and their claims do not lead to any conclusions. In the world of popular science these concepts have gained some momentum in the last few years, however, the academia is still very divided about these ideas.

As opposed to dualism, which is a concept in which we distinguish material substance from metaphysical substance (e.g. consciousness), monism is a concept that there is only a single substance. Materialism or physicalism is a branch of monism that considers such substance to be the matter. This concept is not new and people have been trying to prove this idea in many different ways for thousands of years.

Physicalism has many different schools of thought, for example functionalism, behaviorism, reductive physicalism, non-reductive physicalism, epiphenomenalism, etc. Some of these completely deny consciousness and thereby the free will, while others accept varying levels of pseudo-consciousness. Each one of these ideas must be studied in detail and their concepts must be understood in order to provide any objective criticism. Quran’s concept of personality and free will must also be understood in detail along with it’s evidence so that one can fruitfully compare and contrast these ideas around such existential questions. This is a long journey, but if you have any questions along the way, please feel free to ask and I will try my best to respond with whatever knowledge of the subject that I have.

In my own experience, the key to this debate is being able to determine the human sources of knowledge, and judging the validity of any such claims on it’s basis. In that regard Ghamidi sahab’s Zaviya-e-Ghamidi program might be very helpful:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBlLCVQiApQ1n_jk9y_rAYUJ2mn5T3jd9

• Umer

Moderator December 28, 2020 at 6:28 pm

You may also find the following video helpful:

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 28, 2020 at 6:54 pm

If you’re really interested in this subject then you might also want to consider this great upcoming course offering. Dr. Junaid Hassan who will be presenting this course has done extensive research on this subject, is very well versed in all these philosophical ideas, and is a published author.

Courses | Ghamidi.org

• Abdul Rehman

Member December 28, 2020 at 10:11 pm

Thanks to all brothers….Thank you vry much

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register