Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Why Is Zina Haraam?

Tagged: 

• Why Is Zina Haraam?

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on December 30, 2020 at 4:26 pm

Contraception can be easily taken. The law can easily enforce that if a child is born these responsibilities must be upheld. Also teenage pregnancies are at the highest around 41 per 1000 people (the absolute extreme). So would it even lead to much problems?

Haris Virk replied 3 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 19 Replies
  • 19 Replies
  • Why Is Zina Haraam?

Haris Virk updated 3 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 19 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2020 at 5:00 pm

God has already prescribed a law and the reason is very clear that He wants a family system to be in place in order to sustain life on earth. Contraceptives can be used and other laws can be created to protect the child, but the law of God has to be ignored. I’m not sure what’s the point.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 30, 2020 at 5:00 pm

So do we just accept this law without thinking of if it seems logical?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2020 at 5:08 pm

One should think when there’s abstruseness about the reason or purpose of something. There’s no end to coming up with ideas about how something could be done differently.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 30, 2020 at 8:47 pm

Well if it’s the family system that God wants then surely the west has proven that even with premarital relations a marriage can be upheld

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2020 at 9:38 pm

My friend, just by you saying that the west has proven a family system with premarital relationships, it doesn’t get proven. Even if you do very cursory research on the subject, you will find out that the rate of divorce, single-parenthood, teenage pregnancies, and unwed mothers is at all time high. This along with disappearing ties with grandparents and extended families, and increasing rate of old people dying with little to no support from their children can hardly be termed as a family system.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 30, 2020 at 10:50 pm

In 2017, a total of 194,377 babies were born to women aged 15–19 years, for a birth rate of 18.8 per 1,000 women in this age group. This is another record low for U.S. teens and a drop of 7% from 2016. Birth rates fell 10% for women aged 15–17 years and 6% for women aged 18–19 years.https://www.cdc.gov/teenpregnancy/about/index.htm

Surely 19 children per 1000 is negligible.

But I see the point of old people dying with no support etc. But can the cause of this be diagnosed as being from premarital relations only? Isn’t it more of a cultural thing related to the nuclear family system? Surely the 19/1000 children can’t have caused this

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2020 at 11:24 pm

You should look at the whole picture rather than focusing on a single statistic. There are several stats that paint a rather gloomy picture for the family/support system, especially for mothers in the modern day. I’m sharing some stats below.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2020 at 11:17 pm

For children, growing diversity in family living arrangements

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2020 at 11:17 pm

The two-parent household in decline

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 30, 2020 at 11:25 pm

How can you assume this statistic and the one above is due to premarital relations? It’s due to misunderstandings and not trying hard enough to save marriages- what does that have to do with zina?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2020 at 11:18 pm

The decoupling of marriage and childbearing

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2020 at 11:18 pm

Among mothers, rising labor force participation

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2020 at 11:19 pm

In four-in-ten families, mom is the primary breadwinner

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2020 at 11:19 pm

Meeting basic expenses much more challenging for single parents

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2020 at 11:20 pm

Many parents say they spend too little time with kids, partners, friends

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2020 at 11:20 pm

Most full-time working moms say they don’t have enough free time for friends, hobbies

• Haris Virk

Moderator December 31, 2020 at 1:13 am

Facts aside, if I just try and imagine a world where zina weren’t declared haraam, I see nothing but chaos and disorder. It would have been happening on such a big scale that no social fabric could have stood on its ground. Would have affected privacy and security that closely knitted families enjoy, would have compromised mutual trust and commitment among the married, far more emotional and physical abuse among the young, and there would have hardly been any hurmat or dignity in social relations as well as in familial ties.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 31, 2020 at 7:53 am

You don’t have to imagine. Come to England. Prohibiting extramarital affairs seems very logical- it is breaking the trust of your spouse after all. I’m trying to find the logic behind premarital affairs

• Haris Virk

Moderator December 31, 2020 at 8:05 am

I find Ghamidi sahib’s addiction argument quite convincing for prohibiting the pre-marital affairs. Other than that, I think the feeling of mutual responsibility towards one another, the intent to make things work and sincere emotional labor for a meaningful and long-lasting companionship are things which can truly happen when two people commit in marriage. Otherwise, since one knows that their relationship is temporary and hasn’t really been solidified into a long-lasting commitment, they would not try that hard (in most of the cases).

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register