Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Marriage Of Women With People Of Book

• Marriage Of Women With People Of Book

Posted by Shahid Nazir on January 3, 2021 at 10:40 am

Why a muslim women can’t marry with people of book? In verse 5-5 if a male can marry woman of people of book why can’t a female?

Sami replied 2 years ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Marriage Of Women With People Of Book

Sami updated 2 years ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • Muhammad Usama Ashraf

Member January 3, 2021 at 10:51 am

• Shahid Nazir

Member January 3, 2021 at 12:01 pm

In this video ghamidi sahib didn’t specify the point which I m asking,

• Muhammad Usama Ashraf

Member January 3, 2021 at 1:33 pm

He tacitly did. The whole idea of marriage is to form an institute where coming generation can grow in the presence of their parents and other family members. When a Muslim man marries an ahl-e-kitab women, the women leaves her family so the new children born will be brought up in an Islamic environment and they will learn those values. On the contrary if a Muslim women marries an ahl-e-kitab, she will leave her family to move to her husband’s place and close to his family and therefore it is more likely that the new born children will be brought up in a Christian or Jewish environment and will have a greater tendency to become one of them.

This is the general idea of this whole scheme. To floursh Islam in coming generation, it is allowed for men to marry an ahl-e-kitab women and not vice versa.

However I am not sure if these instructions are only specific to the people of those times, as Ghamidi Sb. mentioned the context of when this verse was revealed, or if they are applicable until the end of the world and/or if the moving person changes then if the order reverses as well just like the head of family.

• Shahid Nazir

Member January 3, 2021 at 11:02 pm

But these are social issues which can occur with muslim man also, In my view Quran doesn’t imply anywhere that Muslim woman should not marry people of book. So i think its ok for Muslim woman to marry people of book

• Umer

Moderator January 4, 2021 at 12:27 am

For detailed comments of Ghamidi Sahab on Intersect and Interfaith marriages, please refer to the following Videos/Links:

Please refer to the video below from 3:17 to 7:13

https://youtu.be/o4Rw8pPcprM?t=197

• Umer

Moderator January 5, 2021 at 1:11 am

Please also refer to the link below 2:05 to 13:23

ilm-o-Hikmat 14-08-2016

• Umer

Moderator January 9, 2021 at 11:02 am

• Sami

Member April 1, 2022 at 10:15 am

Thank you

The discussion "Marriage Of Women With People Of Book" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now